THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby Boy Shower Card...

A friend of mine had requested me to make a Baby Shower Card to give to her office mate and decided to emboss the main  image and make it look vintage...I seldom go for the aged look but I love how this card turn out.  I got some inspiration from "A Card a Day" book from designer Julia Stainton.  But I managed to make it my own and my friend loved it...That is the most important part, right?

BABY BOY SHOWER CARD:
I think I got carried away inking with white pigment ink.  First time I ever used white in aging a card.  I am sure I will make use of it more often now...Stamped image from Inkadinkado and embossed with Tinsel Blue.  Used my Cuttlebug to embossed part of the base card too...I love how the brown with blue polka dot ribbon added a special touch to this card.  Oh yeah, there's some stitching too.


BABY BOY SHOWER CARD (INSIDE):
I aged it with walnut ink and did some embossing and I am happy with the results.  This is an A2 size card.


BABY BOY SHOWER CARD WITH ENVELOPE:
I am totally loving kraft cardstocks.  It's just my favorite base color.  I also found a brown polka dot button to accentuate the ribbon here.  A little bit of blue ribbon tied to it, attached to the ribbon and walah, this card is done...I made it sound simple but this card (with the planning and preparation time included) took me a few hours...LOL  Yeah, I don't make fast cards....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...