THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Too Cool Stylish Girl Card...Time for a New MayzyArt Challenge!

A wonderful day to y'all beautiful Crafters...What's keeping you busy, nowadays?  Well, for me, there no shortage of things to do.  I am determined to finish my King-size crochet blanket and been working on that every chance I get.  But it looks like it will take months before I come near it's end...LOL  On the other hand, I just got done making this DT Card for our third MayzyArt Challenge.  The theme is "Black" which is Mayzy's favorite color and she gave us the freedom to interpret this theme the way we see fit. So, here is my card featuring the lovely "Junko" which you can find at MayzyArt Etsy Shop.  I colored her with my Promarker and Prismacolor markers (Oh, it was so much fun to color her!).  I used Kraft CS as my base card and gathered 3 varieties of mostly black DP's.  I also used a black and white CS to compliment my DP's.  I used my Nesties to die-cut the black, lacy scallop and used my small MS Circle Cutter to create the circle DP on top of it.  I stamped and heat-embossed the flower (from Ditto stamps) many times and paper-pieced them to a single flower for added dimension.  I also stamped and heat-embossed the house border (from Heidi Grace stamps) at the background for a cool effect.  The sentiment is from Printworks and the arrow from Stampendous.  I incorporated some black ribbon and stitched all over this card.  If you have seen most of my cards, I seldom make cards that are primarily black...I love colors and can't stay away with them completely.  So, as long two thirds of my project is black, I am cool with that!...LOL  Anyway, what do you think?  Hop on over at MayzyArt Blog to enter your own, unique project in our Challenge. This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

1.    Little Miss Muffet featuring "Loads of Layers"
2.    Bunny Zoe Crafts featuring "Girls, Girls, Girls"
3.    Paper Shelter featuring "Anything Goes" 
4.    Creatalicious featuring "Anything Goes" 
5.    Stampin with the Dragon featuring "Anything Goes" 
6.    Inspire me Friday featuring "Anything Goes" 
7.    Fat Pages with Attitude featuring "Anything Goes" 
8.    Hiding in my Craftroom featuring "Embossing" 
9.    Crafty Catz Weekly featuring "Embossing" 
10.  Fresh Brewed featuring "Anything Goes" 
11.  The Cutie Pie featuring "Real or Faux Stitching" 
12.  The Crazy Challenge featuring "Recipe"  (I used gems, ribbons and die)
13.  Bearly-Mine featuring "Tic-Tac-Toe" (I used diagonal: die, flower, sentiment)
14.  Craft Your Days Away featuring "Bingo"  (I used flower, ribbon and gem)
15.  Digi Designs featuring "Spotty and Dotty"


 TOO COOL STYLISH GIRL CARD:


 TOO COOL STYLISH GIRL CARD LAYERS:


 TOO COOL STYLISH GIRL CARD INSIDE:


TOO COOL STYLISH GIRL CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:

So, there you are folks!  If you have not tried MayzyArt Stamps, this is the best time to go for it and participate in our Challenge.  Did I mention that it's very affordable? You can also join us even if you don't use MayzyArt's digi.  After 2 weeks, a winner is randomly chosen  whose going to win 3 MayzyArt digis and another winner (Mayzy's pick...one who used a Mayzy digi in her/his project) will win 5 digis.  Is that super or super-duper?...LOL  Anyway, getting all my inspiration from Jesus so, as always, I thank Him for the strength and talent He has given and giving Him back all the glory!  Big hugs!

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Mel, love the image and the cool design.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious Challenges.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card the image is stunning thanks for joining us at fat pages and cards with attitude and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the image she is gorgeous. Great colors too. Thank you for joining us at Fat Pages with attitude this fortnight. (Co Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a stunning card. I love the colours you have used and the image is fabulous. The papers and the design details is wonderful.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab card, I love the way you have decorated the inside to complement the front.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a pretty card. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Jo Ann, I love everything about it :D
    Thanks for joining Di's Digi Challenge & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, Thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow stunning love the colours and your embellishments are fab.It all works so well together.
    Thank you for joining us at Cutie pie.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creation is fantastic! Love your layout, coloring and color scheme! I guess I love the whole thing! Really, you did a fantastic work on this. Thank you much for joining us at Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude! You can enter your same card in our sister challenge, ATC's and Card with Attitude. The link is on our Fat Pages site. Great sponsors over there too! Hope to see you again.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabby looking card-A very stylish looking card. Great work. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this weeka and good luck with the challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh she is so cool! absolutely love her! fantastic card, thanks for joining us at LMMS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card - thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on our challenge - you card is fab!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Bingo Challenge!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi JoAnn! This is beautiful! I love the black and white with the red and those dp's are yummy! The printed dp looks awesome underneath the die cut! Your coloring is lovely too!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed for our 100th challenge celebration!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is adorable! LOVE your coloring and paper choices. I LOVE to see black and kraft. Many people don't think you can mix those...but you have shown them how beautiful it is!

    Thank you for playing along in Freshly Brewed Challenges 100th prize challenge
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather for the awesome comment. I think Kraft is versatile and I can literally mix it with anything. If I want to cut my prep time for making cards, I always reach for Kraft because it's easier for me to work with it. God bless!

      Delete
  17. Thanks to all that visited and left me nice, yummy comments for this card. You don't know how much these comments inspire me...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Card. I love your stylish girl and such a great way to heat emboss. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and thanks for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ this week

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful Jo Ann!
    I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Fridays! Thank you so much for linking up!
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the details.. even the inside is fab!
    thanks for joining us over at Miss Muffet challenges this week. Good luck!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cute... I love the image you've used on your card and the little cityscape! Spot on for our Spots & Dots challenge at Di's Digi Designs Challenge! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...