THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Scripture Series: Be Anxious For Nothing Easel Card---It's Time for Another Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Good morning, Crafty people!  It's Wednesday once again and I am featuring another card project for our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  I was making the card while I was watching the NBA Finals in which the San Antonio Spurs (from my city) and the Miami Heat was playing Game 6 out of 7 games.  Our team had the advantage since we just needed to win this game and we could have won.  There's really not much Spurs fans can do to cheer for our team since both 6th and 7th games were not in our home court which doubled the challenge for our home team.  Now, I am not an avid sports fan and the only time you would see me watching games like this is if's already in the finals and our city is at stake.  I was determined to watch while working on my card but found myself just getting frustrated when things were going wrong---turn-overs, not enough defense and players not shooting well.  Finally, at the start of the 4th quarter, I decided that the  only way I can finish my card and get rid of the frustration I was harboring that time was to turn-off the TV.  I told myself that if they win, I have the game recorded and can watch the game minus the frustration.  Later on, I found out that even with an overtime, my team lost by 3 points.  Knowing the results, I was still frustrated but I rid myself of the unnecessary stress that I was putting myself into if I had continuously watched the game from start to finish.

There are things in my life that causes stress and friction at times that I cannot turn off the same way I pushed the button of a TV.   Like sharing what God  has done in my life and the Truth of His Word.  For as long as we live in this earth, God's Word will always be challenged by people who don't believe in God, lovers of themselves and are deceived by the enemy.  Didn't Satan used God's Word and twist it to fit his own agenda?  As believers, we are told in Matthew 5:13-16 that, “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."  If we are living for God, no matter what we do, we are hated by the world because the world does not know God.  1 John 3:1 says,  "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."  Sometimes, we encounter worries with our own families that would not accept God in their lives and despises us too.  But this is when the scripture/verse in our free Word Art this week at WAW comes handy in Philippians 4:6 that tells us, God's children, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  This verse clearly tells us that God knows our needs, He has complete control of our every situation, He knows our beginning and our end. Because we can trust His love for us, we need not worry.  His love will only do what's best for us (even in the midst of trials---Romans 8:28).  He encourages us to tell Him our needs through prayer, intercession and with thanksgiving.  Why with thanksgiving?  Simply because we can trust in what He promised us in 1 John 5:14-15 which says, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."  So, you see, as I physically and mentally relieved myself of the stress/anxiety by turning off the TV watching a sports game, I can do the same thing in other aspects of my life---I need to turn off things that is pulling me down and trust in my Father Who provided me with promises of victory.  Unlike the sports game which is uncertain---God's Word is trustworthy, therefore, by faith in Christ, I am victorious in every way from the stress and frustration the enemy would like me to dwell on.

So, here's my inspiration card for you at WAW.  You can download the free Word Art at our WAW Blog.  I used a wonderful image called "Rose Bush" from our sponsor this week, Crafty Secrets. I also used an image from Mo Manning Digi Stamps called "Make a Wish" and I colored both images with my Promarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  I made a  5.5" square Easel base card using white CS.  I also used a yellow-green, aqua blue and more white CS for my panels and matting.  I embossed using 3 different kinds of embossing folders, all from Cuttlebug.  I die cut 2 different shapes using my Nestabilities.  I added some glitters (Stickles-Stardust) to some parts of the images and stamped a sentiment in the message box from Printworks.  Lastly, I stitch all over this card.  Hope you all like it.


 BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING EASEL CARD:


 BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING EASEL CARD SIDE VIEW:


BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING EASEL CARD WHEN CLOSE:


 BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING EASEL CARD WITH MESSAGE SPACE:


BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING EASEL CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

One Crazy Stamper---Summer Fun
Deep Ocean---Welcome Summer
Make It Monday---ATG
Polycraft---ATG
Paper Pretties---Summer Fun
Aud Sentiments---Summer
Country View Crafts---Die Cuts
Loves Rubberstamps---Summer Theme
Hobby House---ATG
Color Me Creative---Colors of Summer
Scrapper's Delight---S is for stitching
Stamp and Create---Summer Fun
Whimsical Designs---Summertime Fun
Inky Impressions---ATG
Crafting by Designs---Show Your Season
Southern Girls---Punch or Die Cut
Little Red Wagon---Cardstock Capers
Creative Moments---ATG/Weather
Scrappy Moms Stamps---Summer Time
Crafty Bloggers Network---Bright and Breezy


Hope you enjoyed my featured project today at WAW...I am looking forward to see your projects linked to our Challenge.  You can include the free Word Art in your projects to link,  but not a requirement.  You can submit any inspirational, uplifting, family friendly creations (up to 5) for more chances to win our prize from our sponsor this week---Crafty Secrets.  I'll be back this weekend to highlight another project for our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create!  Always remember to call on Jesus 24/7 if you need someone to talk with.  He is always willing to listen and is able to meet everyone whose heart is seeking after Him.  

22 comments:

  1. Jo Ann, I always love seeing your beautiful works. The easel card is wonderful with such a timely scripture. There are so many areas of stress in modern life. Your scripture hits home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Ann, just wanted to peek in on you and tell you that your card is absolutely beautiful. I've missed blogging and creating so much and am thankful that I can get back at it. I appreciate you using the scripture art for your Word Art Wednesday creation. I'm so grateful God is still opening doors for the set to be used. As always your artwork is just gorgeous. Good to connect to you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so super cute and perfect for our summer challenge. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for joining us for our very first challenge at the Hobby House
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design and sentiment. Thank you for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. We hope you'll join us again.
    Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it with us at SGC!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous bright and breezy card, love the cute image and colour pallet. Thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

    Sylv xx
    CBN DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely project <3

    Thank you for joining in on Scrapper's Delights Challenge
    "S is For...."
    http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Jo Ann. I saw this on MIM. faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful and elegant card.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network challenge this month.
    Claire x
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great card. I love all the embossed textures. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting by Designs.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely detailed car JoAnn and gorgeously coloured. Thanks for joining us over at LRW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so cute! I love this stamp! I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the intricacy of your designs, Jo Ann. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this card on MIM and had to take a closer look. It is gorgeous. Love the image, design and colours.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous, Jo Ann! Love this scripture! Love seeing your coloring and reading your posts! Thanks for sharing the Word of God. :) I saw your card on Make it Monday!
    Jackie
    SchoolinandScrappin

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely and uplifting!!

    Thank you for sharing your lovely creation in our ‘Anything goes - Show your Season’ Challenge
    Do join us again!
    Hugs
    Rene (DT Crafting by Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How this I one fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great use of die cut layering x
    Thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge this time x Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cutie! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Pollycraft Challenge :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card, love the crisp, clean feel of it. Thanks for joining us at CMC this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...