THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Scripture Series: He Shall Feed His Flock Center Step Card---Join Us for an Uplifting Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hello there, Crafty friends!  Another week had passed and slowly getting back on the regular hustle and bustle of life after having some wonderful family time a couple of weeks ago.  There are so many thing happening around us---local, national and global that are a cause for alarm.  Being a Born-Again Christian, my source of inspiration, guidance and action is solely the Word of God (the Bible).  Had it not been so, I would probably be in a panic mode because of all the uncertainties, darkness and ungodliness I see every which way I turn.  I am not saying I don't feel anything from what I  see but having the promises of God written inside my heart defeats any fear and anxiety that tries to pull me down.  A Christian life is always a battle of the mind and the heart.  When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, my darkened spirit (separated from God since the Fall of man) literally got Born-Again (John 3:3) and was restored in the righteousness of God.  However, my soul (consist of my mind, will and emotions) as well as my physical body (with 5 senses) were not Born-Again like my spirit did.  These two aspects of our humanity need to be "renewed," meaning to take on new thoughts from every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.  Our spirit (consist of intuition, conscience and communion), speaks to us the will of God through the power of the Holy Spirit that translates to us every Truth of God's Word.  Therefore, our spirit life should dominate our soul and physical life.  Without our soul and body submitting to the will of the Holy Spirit in us, every single action would lead us astray.  Galatians 5:17 clearly tell us, "For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want."  This is why it's impossible for anyone to see the Kingdom of God without being Born-Again.  A darkened spirit is blinded and ruled by Satan and even if the light is right in front of him/her, it will be impossible to see unless we acknowledge our blindness and ask God to let us see through the eyes of the Holy Spirit!  Romans 8:5 tells us, "Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires." God's desire for us all is to come to the saving knowledge of His One and Only Son, Jesus Christ, Who is our only hope for salvation from the judgment that shall come upon those that rebelled against God (those who followed their own way and rejected Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior).  To follow the dictates of our soul and body is to wage war against the Holy Spirit that dwells in the heart of every Born-Again Believer.  So, if you want to stay focus in our walk with the Lord, we are to live accordingly to what Galatians 5:16 tells us, " So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh."  

Everyday, I am amazed at how selfish, uncaring, unloving, without wisdom nor understanding most  people have become.  It really makes me sad that many people denied the existence of God in their lives although they are breathing the very air that He has provided for them. Their hearts are beating and their body functions because God allowed them to.  You see, I don't believe that deep inside these people's hearts, they don't believe in God.  The unbelief is powered by their very desire to do whatever they want and they could not accept the fact that God holds us to a standard of morality and holiness which a rebellious spirit would not like to be subjected to.  Therefore, to not believe in God is to not be accountable to God nor anybody? Sadly, that is what they want to  believe and that is what the devil wants every man to believe---a LIE!  For no one will be excused in the day of judgment. Everyone will be judged according to what he has done in his/her lifetimeOne day, we will stand face to face with the Creator of heavens and the earth, the Beginning and the End, Omnipotent, Omnipresent God, in a trial of our lives.  No one is able to speak for God's holiness will shine so brightly---everything will be exposed!  Without the blood of Jesus as covering, the verdict is "GUILTY!," The punishment---ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD!  The place---THE LAKE OF FIRE! The sight---ABSENCE  OF EVERYTHING GOOD, WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH.  While there is time (while you are still alive), call on the name of Jesus and allow Him to show you a way out.  if you are tired of living a lie and want to know the Truth that is in Christ alone, pray this simple prayer to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior.---Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that I've been living my own life and been doing what I desired to do and have turned against you all my life.  I ask for your forgiveness on all my transgressions.  I receive Jesus Christ, as my personal Lord and Savior and invite You to live inside my heart and take control.  From now on, I choose to live my life only for You so lead me.  This I pray, in Jesus Name, AMEN!

If you prayed that prayer, welcome to the family of God.  Get a Bible and start reading the Book of John (in the New Testament) so that you will know "Who you are" in Christ.  Find a Full Gospel Church (relies solely on the Word of God for teaching) and discover the true purpose of your existence here on earth.  That's what I've done more than 23 years ago and my life is never the same.  Trials come and go but I can tell you that the Lord had always been faithful to His promises in Deuteronomy 31:6, "
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”  I am not afraid of what tomorrow will bring because my future is awesomely bright in Christ!

Anyway, I would like to share with you my inspiration card for this week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  It features the Word Art that is free for you to download at the site.  It's a passage in Isaiah 40:11 which says, "
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."  This is one awesome verse containing the promises of God to feed, gather, carry us through and lead us in this life's journey.  Many people, nowadays, think that their savior is the government, their jobs, their family, wealth etc...But they are sadly mistaken for the Only Source of every good and perfect blessing is God.  I will be here for many days if I have to testify on the many miracles and goodness the Lord has shown in my life where undoubtedly, He moved in such a powerful way--to provide for every need we have.  In my hopelessness, I cried out to Him and he heard my prayer.  He gave me peace and opened windows of blessings.  No one can convince me "there is no God" for I have tasted and seen His awesome goodness and presence in my life.  I am His and He is mine...

For this project, I used an image from Bugaboo Stamps called "Turtles-Flower" and colored it with my ProMarker/Prismacolor markers.  My base card is a White CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5-inches center step card.  I used 3 embossing folders in this project from Cuttlebug. I die-cut the panel for the sentiment using my Nestabilities (Labels Fourteen), added some white gems, ribbon and  flowers from K & Company.  Lastly, I stitched all over this Card.  Would like to hear your comments on this creation.


 HE SHALL FEED HIS FLOCK CENTER STEP CARD:


 HE SHALL FEED HIS FLOCK CENTER STEP CARD LAYERS:


 HE SHALL FEED HIS FLOCK CENTER STEP CARD SIDE VIEW:


 HE SHALL FEED HIS FLOCK CENTER STEP CARD INSIDE:


HE SHALL FEED HIS FLOCK CENTER STEP CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Crafter's Cafe---Favorite Craft Item (Nail Head White Gems)
Crafting By Designs---ATG with a Twist (Ribbon or Lace)
Diva's By Design---3 or more Layers
Inklings and Yarns---ATG
Inky Impressions---Sparkle and Glitter
Lady Anne's---ATG (Must Use Stamp---Rubber or Digital)
Nutcrafters---Show Off your Coloring Skills
Penny's Paper Crafty---Anything but Square
Sisterhood of Crafters---ATG
Stamp n Doodle---Embossing (Wet or Dry)
Bearly-Mine---Ribbon/String/Twine
Crafty Sentiments---ATG
Creative Craft Challenges 2---ATG
Scrap-Creations---Cut It Out!
Lady Bug Crafts---Pierce, Sew or Inky Stitch
Loves Rubber Stamps---Polka Dots
TTCRD---ATG
Top Tip Tuesday---Flowers
Try It On Tuesday---Textures ( I used dry embossing and glitters)
Twisted Tuesday---Lots of Layers with a Twist (For metal, I used lots of the white nail gems)
Make It Monday---ATG
Melonheadz Friends---Animals
My Craft Creations---ATG
Scrapbook Stamp Society---ATG
Filipino Scrapbookers---Sketch
Eureka Stamps---ATG


Make sure that you come and visit our WAW Blog to link in your wonderful projects using our free Word Art although it's not mandatory.  You can link any project (up to 5) in our Anything Goes Challenge as long as it's family friendly, uplifting and inspirational.  Our goal is to lift up the name of Jesus in our Challenge so make sure to read our rules especially this month that many are making Halloween cards.  There's plenty of Blog Challenges that caters to those creations, but will be inappropriate for our Challenge.  We are sad to delete projects that don't abide by our rules so, please make sure you check our WAW Blog rules before linking.  We are so grateful for the wonderful projects you shared with us each week and can't wait to see what you make for this week's Challenge.  Our wonderful sponsor is Verses Rubber Stamps and Karen (our Blog Admin), is giving away a wonderful prize too.  So, what are you waiting for?  Have a blessed day and watch out for my next post, this weekend, for our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create!

24 comments:

  1. Totally adorable.....Your coloring is Amazing!!! Hallmark eat your heart out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully designed and coloured card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments - good luck, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, so much to see!
    Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Hugs Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  4. o Jo Ann this is so cute and a very beautiful card.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful design. Thank you for sharing your card with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo Ann,
    As always, your cards are over the top spectacular. This one is so sweet. Love your design...inside and out. Your posts are always so inspiring and this one is certainly no exception. You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card, great take on the challenge. thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning creation! I love the embossed polka dots around the sentiment and your coloring on the turtle is so pretty! I too pray that things get better for everyone with the current state we are in! Such a tough time for many people! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps AND Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope to see you play along with us BOTH again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous step card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card. I am a huge fan of turtles and never thought to make his body gray. Love it. Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions Challenge! ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable. Love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions! Hugs E

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a neat card! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! So many details, awesome. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope you will join us again.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so cute! Absolutely adorable!

    Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Animal Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at TioT Love from Laura xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so adorable, the turtle is just so lovely, you have used embossing very well.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamp 'n' Doodle and the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is so super sweet, love the cute image and the fabulous design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an incredibly cute card. That image and die cute are so awesome! Thank you so much for playing along with us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. We are so happy you could join us and can't wait to see your next fabulous project.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card, I love it! Thanks for sharing with us Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “Ribbon/twill/twine”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable image and great colouring! I love the layout of your card and the sentiment is so meaningful! Great job! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining our ribbon/string/twine challenge over at Bearly Mine Challenges. Good luck!
    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card!! Love the verse you chose! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an adorable image to go with that verse! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at SnD this week for our Embossing challenge...good luck!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Stamp 'n' Doodle Design Team
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts
    My Blog Candy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...