THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Scripture Series: Thou Art Our Father Double Easel Card---Join Us for Another Inspirational/Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hello there and great Wednesday to y'all!  Yesterday morning, I talked with my son and shared with him the importance of having a goal in life.  I told him that the reason why I get up every morning--- even though at times I would love to stay in bed,  is because I would like to accomplish something each day.  Now as a believer in Christ, it's not anymore my own goals that are important to me. Today, I am more concerned in discovering and accomplishing the Lord's purpose and will for my life.  When I accepted Jesus Christ, I surrendered my life and my will to Him.  It is not I who live but Him living in me.  I love the way the scriptures put it together in Galatians 2:20 which states, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  Jesus paid the price to save me from the bondage of sin.  He did finished it all at the Cross and was sealed by His resurrection.  I am no longer living in Adam (my old self/life)!  When I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, I am Born-again in Christ (John 3:3)!  Yes, that simple!  In the constant temptations of this world, I have to live each day by faith.  I need to stand firm in God's Word and speak His promises to myself to keep walking the path of righteousness.  Though things get tough and many times I felt like giving up, I AM NEVER ALONE!  Christ lives inside of me and with His Holy Spirit, I have the victory!  He brings me countless opportunities to serve His people.  I don't like the sun going down on me without fulfilling what God has prepared for me to do each day.

So, I would love to share with you the free Scripture Word Art we have for you at Word Art Wednesday (WAW) this week.  It's taken from Isaiah 64:8 which says, "But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." This acknowledges the fact that we are made by God Himself.  He formed, built and wired us according to His purpose.  I often ask my son the purpose of things we see at home.  There was a time he was rocking a chair and fell off.  I told him that it was not built to rock and he was using it inappropriately which caused his accident.  I have heard of a news where a kid used the dishwasher to wash his clothes.  Sure enough, the soap overflowed and it created a big mess!  My point is, man's inventions are with specific purposes.  Use this wonderful technology in something it was designed for and it will make you life easy.  But use it in ways it was NOT designed to do and you will render it useless.   Where did man get this concept?  We can only understand this because God revealed it to us.  Likewise, God created man in His own image and likeness (Genesis 1:26) and each one is built with unique talents and abilities for the job God wants him to do.  Do we have a choice on how were made and equipped?  Certainly not!  The potter forms the clay into a wonderful creation that only he had in his mind.  Nobody in their right mind makes something ugly and useless!  I surely don't gather my materials and say to myself, "Today, I am going to make a card that is so ugly!"  Truthfully, if that is my goal, I'd rather use my time for something else.  Our God (Our Potter) formed us wonderfully unique from one another.  Though, we can try to copy others or live the life our neighbors have, we cannot be fulfilled until we discover the real purpose and reason why we exist.  Consider all the abilities, talents and opportunities God has given/is giving you and ask Him to show you the purpose of your gifts.  One thing is for sure, they are given to you not for your own advancement but to serve others.  As God provided us with many gifts, we are to use every single one of them unselfishly to bless others.  Remembering that only those that we do for Christ is of value in the eternal life.  If you don't know your purpose, ask the Potter!   Inquire from God, our Maker, what He has will for you to do.   Knowing your purpose will give you the passion to wake up each morning and do great and mighty things for God's glory!  Here are verses about God's purpose for each one of us:

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."  (Proverbs 19:20-21)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  ( Jeremiah 29:11-13)

"This plan, which God will complete when the time is right, is to bring all creation together, everything in heaven and on earth, with Christ as head. All things are done according to God's plan and decision; and God chose us to be his own people in union with Christ because of his own purpose, based on what he had decided from the very beginning. Let us, then, who were the first to hope in Christ, praise God's glory! And you also became God's people when you heard the true message, the Good News that brought you salvation. You believed in Christ, and God put his stamp of ownership on you by giving you the Holy Spirit he had promised. The Spirit is the guarantee that we shall receive what God has promised his people, and this assures us that God will give complete freedom to those who are his. Let us praise his glory!" (Ephesians 1:10-14) 

Anyway,  I saw an inspiration for this card at my old Quick Cards Magazine (September, 2011 Issue) where I found this clever fold.  I am very happy to have a part of my work done for most of my time is usually  spent on deciding what sort of lay-out and design to make.  But aside from the fold, everything about this card---theme and embellishment are my own.  Here, I used an image from Saturated Canary called "Wombat Love" which I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor markers.  The base is Kraft at A7 size.  The DP's are all from "Barnwood Pretty" of Paper Studio.  I layered some flowers from Prima and Recollections and added a brad from Recollections at the center of the flowers.  I made a bigger brad as a stopper using my I-top tool.  I stamp a sentiment inside using my clear stamp from Printworks.  Lastly, I stitched all over this card.  I am very happy with this card design. 


THOU ART OUR FATHER DOUBLE EASEL CARD:


 THOU ART OUR FATHER DOUBLE EASEL CARD WHEN CLOSE:


THOU ART OUR FATHER DOUBLE EASEL CARD WITH MESSAGE SPACE:


THOU ART OUR FATHER DOUBLE EASEL CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Melonheadz Friends---Lots of Layers
Art by Miran---ATG
Creative Moments---ATG with Optional Twist
Loves Rubberstamps---Warm Colors
Scrapper's Delight---ATG
TTCRD---ATG
Sisterhood of Crafters---Fall Colors
Craftyhazelnut's---Patterned Paper
Simon Says Stamp---Use Kraft
Sweet Stamps---ATG
Add a Little Dazzle---ATG
Crafty Creations---Thinking of You
Digistamps4Joy---Animals
Fab 'n' Funky---In Stitches
Mod Squad--- My Favorite
Moo-Mania---Metal 


Hope you enjoyed my featured project today at WAW...I am looking forward to see your projects linked to our Challenge.  You can include the free Word Art in your projects to link,  but not a requirement.  You can submit any inspirational, uplifting, family friendly creations (up to 5) for more chances to win our prize from our sponsors this week---The Frantic Stamper (giving away a Die-Cut valued at $12.99) and Moonlighting Designs (3 Digi images).  I'll be back this weekend to highlight another project for our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create!  Always remember to call on Jesus 24/7 if you need someone to talk with.  He is always willing to listen and is able to meet everyone whose heart is seeking after Him.   

15 comments:

  1. I like the shapes in the composition, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Ann this is a beautiful card - love the double easel technique. thank you to for our words of encouragement.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely double easel card with much layers and great coloring...thank you for joining us at Melonheadz Friends!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another card that grabs me by my nose and says - "Come closer!" I enlarged this so I could see every detail of the stitching and layering! Those papers you chose are incredible for this design and the double easel is something new and fun!! Ultimately it comes down to the coloring of the image for me - and you have mad skills with that too Jo Ann. Have I told you lately how much I like your style?? LOL!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful-warm and cozy. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Very cute creation Jo Ann! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘FALL COLOR’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous design! Love the warm colors you worked with! Thank You for playing along this week at Loves Rubber stamps!
    Hugs, DT Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet image, your coloring is spot on. Love easel cards, so much fun! Well done, thanks for playing along with week at Mod Squad!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very cute creation.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete

  11. What a beautifull card and you used such lovely colours !
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengeblog,
    Hugs
    Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a fun and creative card! your coloring is fabulous :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, A lovely double easle card, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style.Love the stitching and the sentiment. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at Creative Moments. Good luck. We would love to see you join us again.

    Teighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post! I, too, love the way the Lord put it for us to read and understand. To be crucified with Christ. What love he has for us!

    This card is absolutely stunning! I love the style and the wonderful deep shades.

    smiles,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...