THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Monday, August 1, 2016

Just Because Mini Note Card and Matching Gift Bag with Crochet Two in One Hat and Cowl---It's Anything Goes at 613 Avenue Create!

Hi there, everyone!  It's a start of another weekly challenge at 613 Avenue Create so, I'm here to highlight another Anything Goes Project (with an Optional Twist---See Chart at site) that I completed recently.  Just want to remind our Challenge participants that this will be the final weekly Challenge as we transition to becoming a monthly Challenge.  Before anything else, I would like to thank the Lord Jesus for His great and wonderful blessings each and everyday.  There's a lot to be thankful for though some  recent experiences may not be considered favorable. I hold Romans 8:28 to be true and it says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Since last month, we have to deal with some financial difficulties due to several monthly bills going up.  It's almost like a conspiracy,  I tell you!  Rent (home and storage), utilities, phone, cable and many more have almost doubled to no avail.  Many times, I caught myself in a state of panic and worry not only due to personal challenges but the state of our nation and the world as a whole.  Yes, as a believer in Christ, I am not exempted from the pressure and stress of everyday living.  Each time I see or hear the news or watch TV/Online programs, I am seeing more and more people becoming crazy in their thoughts/actions and majority of them are coming from supposed to be leaders of this nation.  Their utter rebellion of God and rejection of His Truth have made them enemies of our God-ordained Constitution and are placing us all in harms way.  Today's demonic (ungodly) agenda has overwhelmed me at some point and caused me to plead for the Lord's supernatural peace and comfort to shelter me.  The lies and evil of our time was wearing me out---too much for little ole' me to handle!  While it felt like I got the burdens of the entire world upon my shoulder,  God reminded me of His Word in Matthew 11:28-29 which states, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."   God in His faithfulness responded to my plea and He led me to rid of every news/report/junk that seeks to weigh me down. Sometimes, you need to purposely stay away from the negative and refuse to take in the poison being fed to us daily  (non-stop) by the social media which seeks to ultimately destroy our faith in God.  

Ah---the PEACE of GOD!  Believe it or not, this is so important in the life of a believer (Born-again, John 3:3).  When I experience trouble of many kinds and darkness seem to overtake me, I call on the Name above every name---JESUS!  He reminds me of His love and faithfulness---how He never left me in all of life's struggles.  He takes me to His Word and instill in me the faith of Christ that never gives up.  Yesterday morning (Sunday), an invited preacher shared with us this Truth, "God has no plan B!"  From the beginning of time, He has plan A and has accomplished it victoriously."  The question is, "Are we going to cooperate with His plan or have no part in it?  Are we going to fulfill our own plans or carry out His?"   I must say that while the preacher was teaching, it reminded me of the ways the Church here in America is acting on the events affecting our nation nowadays.  Though plan B should have never been an option, what many claimed to be a horrific choice is now being considered---even praised and justified because according to many, there's no other choice!  It's true that desperation and hopelessness can move anyone to accept unlikely substitutes because time pressures us to seek  human solutions to our earthly problems.  I completely understand---it's pretty normal!  However, THE GOD I SERVE IS EXTRAORDINARY!  Jeremiah 32:17 tells us, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."  Also, Ephesians 3:20 reveals, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  I believe my Father would not want me to settle for anything less and that He alone remains the answer for our nation's hopeless situation, even to my personal life's challenges.  He is in control of both the big and small picture.  I will continue to place my faith in Him, listen to His leading and expect only the best from my Father in heaven, down to the last minute.  The Scripture bears witness of all the awesome miracles that happened when God's people placed their complete trust in the Lord.  I am willfully subjecting myself, my family and my existence under His care.  HE IS ABLE!

For this project, I created a gift bag out of a regular lunch bag by reinforcing the inside and attaching jute for handles.   I stamped flowers from Dylusions, fussy cut them, crumpled and layered them using the unused paper from the lunch bag.  I secured them with a brad from Recollections glued it to the bag.  I used a sentiment from Stampin' Up to complete the look.  The mini note card measures 3 inches (square).  The flower and sentiment stamps are from Studio G, leaves were punched using Fiskars and an envelope is created to match.  Inside the gift bag, I crochet a Two in One Hat and Cowl project to give to a friend.  I love how it can provide a lovely accent and warmth as a cowl but so cute and stylish as a beanie.  I certainly hope my friend would like this.

JUST BECAUSE MINI NOTE CARD WITH MATCHING GIFT BAG

JUST BECAUSE MINI NOTE CARD

TWO IN ONE HAT/COWL


TWO IN ONE HAT/COWL SIDE VIEW


TWO IN ONE HAT/COWL BACK VIEW


TWO IN ONE HAT/COWL


This project is entered into the following Challenges:

Artistic Inspirations---ATG
Crafting with Dragonflies---ATG
Crafting with Friends---ATG
Craft Your Passion---ATG
Crafty Boots---Use Your Stamp
Incy Wincy---ATG
Paper Nest Dolls---ATG
A Bit More Time to Craft---ATG
Artistic Stamper---ATG
Card and Scrap---ATG
Classic Design Team---ATG
Crafter's Cafe---Flowers
Crafts Galore---Use Stamp or Digi
Crafty Awesomeness---ATG with Colored Image
Creatalicious---ATG
CCC---ATG
Digistamps4Joy---ATG
Lunagirl---ATG
Paper Creator---Keep it Simple
Paradise of Stamps---ATG
Petal Lu---ATG
Scribbles Designs---How Does Your Garden Grow?
SLS Lines---3 or More Layers
Sisters of Craft---ATG


There you have it, folks!  Don't miss the opportunity to join our Anything Goes Challenge with an optional Twist at 613 Avenue Create.  There's wonderful prizes awaiting the winners from our lovely sponsors for this week---Bugaboo Stamps and Toadstool Printables.  Can't wait to see what fabulous projects you're going to highlight this week.  I hope you have a wonderful week filled with the divine inspiration of God's Word.  Trust in the Lord always.  He's truly our one and only hope!

20 comments:

  1. Oh Jo Ann - how true - thankfully God is in control, and that is such a reassurance!! Yes the news in the 'world' is pretty bleak, but the Bible gives us such hope.
    Love your gift bag and tag, but most of all I love the beanie/cowl - that is a fabulous pattern
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Jo Ann, I love that hat/cowl! I would so wear that in the winter - I'm always cold! And the gift bag and card is so cute - another winner for you!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift bag and card--but love the hat/cowl---Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift bag and notelet but your hat/cowl steals the show, really lovely design and I love the colour. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented! I love all of your projects but well done with the hat/cowl, its stunning! Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends, Good luck and hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding bag. Love it. Great colours. Thanks for joining us at CCC Digi Creations Challenge.

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT CCC Digi Creations Challenge
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the "Just Because" sentiment and card. Thanks for joining in my August challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo-ann these are very beautiful projects
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering our challenge with your gorgeous project, hope you will join us again.
    Diane Louise, DT Scribbles Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and bag Jo Ann. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafter's Cafe and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mini note card and matching bag. Great idea for gifts.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely gift bag and card - and love your hat/cowl to :)

    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Jytte, DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much for sharing your fabulous project with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfully thoughtful and well-coordinated project you have created. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 'Use A Stamp or Digistamp'. Nicola CGE DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful projects! Thanks for joining ou challenge at CCC digi creations.

    Natasja
    DT CCC digi creation

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely projects1
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Carla DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at A Bit More Time to Craft and at Digistamps4Joy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great set!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our " anything goes with optional at the sea / beach” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card. Thanks for joining The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great range! Love them all, especially the notecard.

    Thanks for joining us at the Classic Design Team Open Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...