THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Scripture Series: The Hour Is Come Card---It's Anything Goes/Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday

Hi there, Crafty Peeps!  I'm here once again to highlight another Scripture Word Art for our new Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  Today's verse is so meaningful to me and to everyone whom God called to Himself through faith in what Jesus Christ has done.  It comes from John 12:23 which tells us, "And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified."

In order to understand what Jesus told His disciples in our highlighted verse, we must at least give consideration on the next few verses written after.  In John 12:24-25, Jesus continues saying, "Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." You will notice in the New Testament how common it was for Jesus to use earthly illustrations to convey spiritual Truths (Parables).  In that time, people's spiritual knowledge of God and His ways were very limited.  They have the Natural Revelation (God's creation),  the Law (Mosaic Law/Torah) and the Prophets.  Today, aside from what they had, we have the Written Word of God (Bible), the Finished Work of Jesus Christ at the Cross accessible by faith and the presence of the Holy Spirit inside every believer.  I love how my Application Bible explained the meaning of the three verses mentioned above and like before, I would like to share it with you:  It says, "John 12:23-25 is a beautiful picture of the necessary sacrifice of Jesus.  Unless a kernel of wheat is buried in the ground, it will not become a blade of wheat producing many more seeds.  Jesus had to die to pay the penalty for our sin, but also to show His power over death.  His resurrection proves He has eternal life.  Because Jesus is God, Jesus can give this same eternal life to all who believe in Him. We must be so committed to living for Christ that we "hate" our lives by comparison.  This does not mean that we long to die or that we are careless or destructive with the life God has given, but that we are willing to die if doing so will glorify Christ.  We must disown the tyrannical rule of our own self-centeredness.  By laying aside our striving for advantage, security and pleasure, we can serve God lovingly and freely.   Releasing control of our lives and transferring control to Christ bring eternal life and genuine joy."

Wow, need I say more?  You see, I often find myself sharing to family and friends this:  "Unless we are willing to die for the cause of Christ, we will always live in the shadow; fearing for people (the world) to know our affiliation with Jesus.  Nowadays, standing for anything and everything Jesus stood for meant persecution/isolation.  For some it's ridicule and hatred from family and friends (including social media).  To others would be career, opportunities, promotion, business loss to losing everything they built and worked for.  Others have to face jail time, security (death) threats or death itself among many other things.  I gained deeper understanding of the dangers every true Christians are exposed to when I started fighting for the things that matter to God.  When I went to Pro-Life rallies to fight (be the voice) for the unborn.  When I joined Family rallies to oppose people trying to redefine the Biblical meaning of marriage. When I attended several gatherings in my city fighting for Biblical principles and common sense knowledge in the midst of perversion and ungodly ordinances being forced upon God's people.  In each one of them, we faced vicious, rebellious and ungodly oppositions/enemies who have no care for God and the Laws of this land.  Their only concern was to make everyone bow down, accept and practice their ungodly thinking and perverted lifestyle.  For every time you stand for God's principles, you don't know for sure when someone just decides to harm you.  Many  of them hated God so much and their mouths are full of profanity, their actions unhinged and their mockery of God was so profound.

Despite all of that,  I thank God for He has placed upon me a strong and firm conviction for His Truth.  I hold these Scripture verses dear to my heart and serves as an inspiration in my daily walk with the Lord.  It's found in Philippians 1:20-21 which says, "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." If we only understand the depth, the fullness---the meaning of what Jesus Christ accomplished for us through the Cross (His death, burial and resurrection) and the life that awaits us in the eternal (Eternal Life) ,  we will no longer live in bondage to fear and selfish concerns/advancement.  For the best things in this world are nothing compared to the pure beauty and radiant treasures of living in the presence of God (the Creator of all things) forever.  Though I expect that reality happening soon, I know that He placed me on this earth to fulfill His purpose.  Until my assignment is done here, His presence will continue to preserve me.   Simply put,  no one can harm me unless God allows it.  So I am determined to go forward, in all boldness---propelled by the power of the Holy Spirit to proclaim the Hope we have in Christ. Truthfully, many tried to discourage me (mostly people from social media) by saying how I was being self-righteous, judgmental, ungodly just because I spoke God's Truth in every pressing issue.  People cursed me, insulted me and said all sorts of profanity just to move me from my position.  Yet, what they aren't aware of is that there is nothing I can do through my own efforts to gain the righteousness of God.  I simply believed/trusted in what Jesus accomplished on my behalf and He declared me righteous solely by being in Christ (Born-again, John 3:3).  If God clothed me in His righteousness, who one earth can take that righteousness away from me?  I know, I know!  They will not understand until they too embraced the Truth through faith in the Cross of Christ.  I choose not to be offended, to pray and move on and focus my efforts on them who are being saved.  To my family and friends, I am committed to the call of God in my life and need no accolades, approval nor recognition from any man.  I only live to please my Father in heaven and bring glory to the name of Jesus Christ!  If anyone of you reading this don't know Jesus personally and as to what the Cross meant for your salvation, get to know Him while there's time.  Everything is written in the Scripture.  If you have any questions, I would love to help anyone.  Let us study God's Word and find purpose for your existence both now and forever.  

For this Card, I used an image from Stampabilities called "Florals" that I bought just recently and colored it using my Touch Five markers.  I stamped some of the images a few times and fussy cut them all after coloring.  The base is white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  I embossed the main panel using a Cuttlebug folder and die-cut a lacy circle using Nestabilities.   The DP and as well as the white brads are all from Paper Studio.  Lastly, I stitched all over this card.  Yes, pretty simple design o as not to take away from the powerful Scripture for this Challenge.


 THE HOUR IS COME CARD


 THE HOUR IS COME CARD LAYERS


THE HOUR IS COME CARD INSIDE 

 
THE HOUR IS COME CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Crafting by Designs---Girls/Flowers 
Little Red Wagon---Easter 
Crafty Addicts---ATG/Add a Sentiment 
Card Mania---April Showers Bring May Flowers 
Classic DT---ATG 
Craftaholics R Us---Easter 
Craftyhazelnut's---Patterned Paper 
Cute as a Button---Easter 
Daisy Chain---Spring is in the Air 
DL Art---ATG 
Love to Craft---ATG 
MHK Designs---Photo Inspiration 
Sunny Day Crafting---Spring 


Make sure you join us at WAW Challenge.  You can use the Scripture Word Art (download for free at the WAW site) in your creation and link it to our Challenge but is not a requirement.  As long as it's family-friendly, uplifting and inspirational, you can enter up to 5 times this week. Wonderful prizes await our winners from our lovely sponsors for this week---Newton's Nook Designs ($20 GC) and Imagine That (3 Digi Images).  So excited to see what you come up with.  I pray that you live boldly, freely and joyfully bringing glory to Jesus Christ always.    

17 comments:

  1. Fab card! I really like the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations!
    Ciao, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again. Thanks for also sharing at Craftaholics R Us.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. So detailed and beautifully done.. my absolute favorite part is the scalloped die you used behind the vibrant wreath. So pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at MHKDESIGNS.
    cyber hugs
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks just super. I love the image and so nicely coloured and love the way you have done your background. Looks fabulous. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoAnn, you always write the most uplifting comments on my blog, and I wanted to come by and thank you for that. When I read through your post, I can certainly see where that generous giving heart comes from. I really enjoyed reading your devotion and testimony! Thank you for sharing that and God's Word and Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautidul card love the wreath image,embossing and great scripture---Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful project, Jo Ann! Lovely coloured flower wreath which is set off by the gorgeous understated, yet detailed background - I especially like the stitching. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at the Crafts Galore Encore April Challenge, “Anything Goes”. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
    Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so beautiful Jo Ann and perfect for our 9th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and scripture. I love this and so glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing at CAAB, Jackie DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck
    Lyn - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card! Your wreath just pops with the black and white background. Great job! Thank you for joining us this month at MHKDesigns!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Thanks for joining us this month at MHKDesigns!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Helen DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...