THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Thursday, March 15, 2018

Scripture Series: The Lord on High One Layer Card---Join the Inspirational/Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hi there, friends! Back with my inspiration project for our brand new Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  As always, it's Anything Goes but also inspirational.  Our Scripture Word Art (you can download for free at the WAW site) comes from Psalm 93:4 and it says, "The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea."

Have you experienced being in the middle of the ocean aboard a yacht or perhaps a Cruise ship?  I did.  I worked for more than 6 years as an Entertainment Staff to two of the well known companies in the Cruising industry.  I've sailed in the vastness of the Pacific and the Atlantic Oceans and visited many coastal cities all over the world.  I remember how my mother felt when I told her of the new job I was going to embark on. After all, we heard of the dangers many ships encountered in the middle of the ocean.  Come to think of it, what advantage does a luxury vessel (no matter how big it is) have in case of fire or a great storm at sea?  Though I understood her fears (concerns), I told her not to worry for the Lord's with me and in Him, I was safe.  I just knew that every opportunity that comes from the Lord carried His protection.  

However, I was not prepared for the terrible storm that I encountered in the Pacific that followed us for three days on my first few months of cruising.  When you see and hear the big waves pounding on the walls outside causing the ship to tilt dangerously from side to side and having to withstand the horrible feeling of motion sickness for three full days, it felt like hell at sea for me.  I was  thankful we didn't have any passengers to serve, entertain or care for otherwise, it would have been a disaster.  The Chef served us wonderful meals each time, but most of us were feeling sick to our stomachs and couldn't eat.  On the first night of the storm, I thought that staying in my cabin and getting some sleep would help.  But no, a good sleep was impossible as I felt my body being rocked back and forth by the crazy movement of the ship.  Most of the crew's cabins were on the lower deck so, the noise of the waves slamming on the walls outside the ship were so loud, they're like  explosions!  Things that coudn't be secured fell all over the floor which made our space really messy which somehow reflected the chaotic mess of the storm outside. Even for a moment, there was no place to escape the terrible physical, emotional, mental and spiritual challenge of those days.  All I knew was  that I had to endure that nasty storm through the faith and strength God has given me and things would be better.  

The point I want to make here is this:  In our lives, we will always encounter terrible storms (different kinds of problems, persecutions by family and friends among others) that causes the waves to push, pull or drown us of the hope we have in Christ.  The noise/chaos it creates can be deafening and honestly, frightening too.  Not knowing when it's going to stop could make us weary to the point of giving up.  But Jesus showed us that He is mightier than the many noise of water and mightier than the waves of the sea.  Let's go back to the experience of the disciples with Jesus in Mark 4:35-41..."That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat.  There were also other boats with him. A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped.  Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion.  The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves,“Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.  He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!” 

When we repented of our sin and received Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior (Born-again, John 3:3), we invited the One who is mightier than the noise and waves of the sea to dwell inside of us.  It is therefore not us but Christ in us that enables us to triumph over  every storm we encounter in this life.  I went through countless  actual storms and endured motion sickness in all the years I worked in the Cruise Ship industry. I definitely credit God for the strong body as well as His protection from all kinds of dangers.   But more importantly, I also survived the spiritual wave of trials aimed to weaken my faith from the moment I received Christ in my life to this day.  I've got one mighty solution to all kinds of trials/storms---His name is JESUS!  Do yourself a favor...Don't sail this ocean of life without Him!

For this Card, I used an image from Make It Crafty called "Tropical Beach" that I colored using my Prismacolor/Touch Five markers.  The base is white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  I created the clouds using my own cloud template along with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass and Broken China).  Lastly, I stitched all over the card.  I seldom create an honest to goodness one layer card.  But this image is so pretty after the coloring and including the verse, I didn't think I needed to add more.  I love the peace and quiet this card exudes.  I felt like I'm there sitting on a beach chair under those coconut trees looking over the horizon, praying and appreciating what God created.  I love it!


 THE LORD ON HIGH ONE LAYER CARD


 THE LORD ON HIGH ONE LAYER CARD CLOSE-UP


 THE LORD ON HIGH ONE LAYER CARD INSIDE


THE LORD ON HIGH ONE LAYER CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Crafty Creations---ATG
Crafty Gals---Make It Green
Inspiration Destination---ATG/Spring/Pastel
Moo Mania---Color Effect
Paper Shelter---Hot or Cold Colors (I used Hot Colors)
Pause Dream Enjoy---ATG
Crafty Addicts---ATG
Cardz for Galz---Beach/Nautical
Crafting with an Attitude---ATG
Little Miss Muffet---ATG
A2Z---ATG
A Bit More Time---ATG
A Perfect Time---ATG
Classic DT---ATG
Cards Galore---ATG
Crafty Animals---ATG/Animals (Flying Birds)
Crafty Girls---ATG
Creatalicious---ATG
Create and Inspire---ATG/For Mums
Createful Heart---ATG/Add Something Green
Creative Craft---Make it Feminine
Let's Craft and Create---ATG/Easter
Love to Craft---ATG
Love to Scrap---ATG
Mix It Up---Make Your Own Background
Not Just Cards---ATG
Sognando---ATG
Sunsational---ATG
Creative Crafters---ATG
Worldwide DT---ATG
YSP---ATG

I hope you'd take the time to join us at our WAW Challenge.  It's Anything Goes as long as it's family friendly with uplifting and inspirational messages, you can link up to 5 projects.  Our sponsor this week is Freckled Fawn giving away a $15 GC to their shop.  I can't wait to see your projects  and leave you some encouragement on your Blogs.  Pray without ceasing and believe that God can do the impossible! My trust is only in Him... 

25 comments:

  1. I love the scene. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card with envelope! Amazing! Thank you very much for joining
    MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, I love the scene you create and the wonderful verse! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! I love, love, love your cloud template and the way you ink blended those clouds. Wow! The beach and palm trees are calling my name ... wish I was there on that beach with you! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful beach themed card with us at Cardz 4 Galz. -Chris, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent card!! Beautiful coloring!! Thank you for entering our challenge this month over at Createful Heart Blog Challenges!!
    Mary Smith Owner/Artist of Createful Heart
    https://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for linking up with us again at Sunsational Stamps!
    Marji~DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scene great card Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft Open challenge" and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "World Wide Open Design Team Challenge" and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done! It makes me take a deep breath. Thanks for playing along our March challenge at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, I love the colors and design. Thank you for participating in Sunsational Stamps March Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card, Love the scene
    Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters
    DT Priyadarshini

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Get real summer and holiday feeling with this card!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Hesters DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! you have created such a beautiful scene..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful beach scene. A great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunsational Stamps Challenge. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@SSC
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous scene! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge, “Anything Goes”. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
    Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with an Attitude Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful illustration of a fantastic verse. Thank you for sharing at LTCCB. Pippa DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a peaceful little scene with a beautiful work on the sky ! Thanks for playing at LTSCB !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in Let's Craft and Create Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional birthday” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Stempel-Magie)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...