THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Monday, July 18, 2011

Not a Card but Handmade Glimmered Flowers....

Hi there, friends!  Since last year, I've been wanting to make my own glimmer mists.  I bought some of the items needed like bottle spray, Pearl-Ex and Perfect Pearls to name a few but didn't find the time to make them.  Now finally, the time has arrived.  Last week, I decided to watch several videos on "Making your own Glimmers"  (a ton of them at YouTube) and how to make flowers using glimmers.  This is what I came up with after buying some Folk Art Metallic Paint and combined with some water and glue (binding agent) with an addition of Pearl-Ex.  I am pretty happy with the glimmer results.  You will see that I made different colors and sprayed my flowers from scratch, drying it and forming the final shape.  It's not very complicated but takes a lot of time due to the drying time for each flowers.  Hope you like them:








To get different flower designs, I used my Cricut (Walk in my Garden) cartridge and cut 3 flower designs at 1.75", 1.40" and 1.10" sizes.  I used my Gypsy here and it was a big help.  They range from the 5 to 6 flower petals thus giving me variety.  I had to hunt for some pearls and after checking at 4 Wal-Marts, the last one got it.  Anyway, I am looking forward to including these flowers to my card creations in the future.   I gotta go and hope you all have a blessed day in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...