THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Thursday, September 12, 2013

Scripture Series: Your Speech with Grace Card---It's another Inspirational/Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hey there, Crafty friends!  Another delayed post, another busy week for me.  Amidst the crazy project schedules, I have lots of rearranging to do at home.  We're taking all the clutter out and at the moment, my home looks like it can be a good candidate for the show "Hoarders"...LOL  Clutter just stresses me out in a profound way.  I'm not even  half a"clean freak" as my Mom but I think I did get some of her passion to keep things as orderly and clean as possible.  So much so in my life...When everything is a mess and in a clutter, it's hard to function and see things clearly.  Many times, I have tried to do it on my own---getting rid of bitterness and anger, frustrations here and there on things that are out of my control.  No matter how I try, without any help, the task is too much to bear.  But I needed to find out what was wrong with the way I deal with things first---that is relying on my own efforts and abilities to solve every problems and situations that come my way.  Now, that I have the Lord Jesus in my life as my Lord and Savior and that I am dead to myself but alive in Him---it is His life I now live and not my own (Galatians 2:20).  Therefore, I must let God take control of everything that comes my way.  In every decision making, I call on Him and ask what to do---even to as simple as what am I going to eat today, Lord?  For many, that could be a silly thing to do as many would think that God is only to be called in times of hopelessness.  But that is not what the Spirit of God, inside of me, taught me.  I am to call and depend on Him with every fiber of my being.  He does the work in my life and as a vessel for His honor, I  yield to every work that He has assigned to me.  Where He says I go, that's where I go. What He says I do, that's what I should do.  In a world that is increasingly hostile to Christians, we are to listen closely to the voice of the Spirit, never engaging in fear when it comes to the things of God.  We are in the times where we are called many hateful names as we stand for the Truth of the Gospel, speaking and proclaiming salvation only through Jesus Christ.  Are we going to back down?  I hope not!  The Word of God already told us of our victory at the end of this age and anything we suffer for in this world is nothing compared to what He already prepared for us.  Satan is using every power he can mobilize in this world, headed by people who are "lovers of themselves" and has an all-out hate for the God of the Bible, to control every sector of society, and it's now, more than ever, that we need to be grounded in the solid foundation of the Gospel (reading and understanding the context of the scriptures) and stand on the promises of God no matter what this life may bring.  Faith is not only "believing" but it's "acting on what you believe in."  The Bible tells us in James 2:17, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."  So yes, I am getting rid of all the clutter (things that does not please God) in my life by allowing His Holy Spirit to empower me.  Only He can do the work in my life and all I do is yield my life to Him.  He know what my true purpose at this day and time is so, all I can say is "Let it happen for your glory, Lord!  I would like to leave you with some encouraging words from the scriptures:

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm."  (Psalm 20:7-8)

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:28-31)

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come."  (Ephesians 1:17-21)

So, here's my card for the Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW) It features Colossians 4:6 which says, "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."  This verse tells me that before we can respond with wisdom and understanding to any man, we ought to equip ourselves with the Word of God.  We cannot give what we don't have.  In order to tell someone about salvation by grace, we ought to have received the same from God.  In order to teach someone about the love of God, we have to be beneficiaries of that same love. To tell someone their need to repent to God, we should have experienced humbling ourselves before the Lord and that indeed, he came to our rescue and answered our call for help.  Now, we could have memorized the Bible but if we say thing without love and compassion, tasty (salty) enough to encourage further dialogue, then we may lose the opportunity to effectively share the Truth of the Gospel with that person.  Know that we don't convert people from darkness into light---it is the sole function of the Holy Spirit.  All we can do is be instrumental in planting the seed of God's Word in someone's heart as the Lord leads us.  Anyway, this Word Art is free to download at our WAW site. 

For this card, I used a wonderful digi stamp from Saturated Canary called "Librarian" which I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor markers.  I paper-pieced some of the titles in the books to fit the theme of my card. The base card is a Kraft cut and scored to make a 5.5-inches square card, the DP's are all from DCWV, with 3 different color CS for matting and layering.  I used the biggest Lacy Circle Nestabilities for the die-cut shape and a circle cutter from MS.  I used one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders to add texture to one panel.  I stamped some hearts from Stampabilities, border (faux stitch) stamp from Recollections, white gems from Imaginisce and glossy accents for the image's glasses.  I enjoyed making this card in the midst of a grueling schedule (lots of chores) yesterday. 


YOUR SPEECH WITH GRACE CARD:


 YOUR SPEECH WITH GRACE CARD LAYERS:


 YOUR SPEECH WITH GRACE CARD INSIDE:


YOUR SPEECH WITH GRACE CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Addicted to Stamps---ATG
Crafting By Designs---ATG
Crafty Sentiments---ATG
Crafting for all Seasons---Back to School/For a Child
Cuttin and Stampin---Back to School
Digi Darla---ATG/Twist: Back to School
Hobby Cutz---ATG
Kaboodle Doodles---Back to School
My Craft Creations---Stamped/Digi Image
OSAAT---Use a Digi
Penny's Paper-Crafty---ATG
Pile It On---Tic Tac Toe (Patterned Paper/Image/School Theme)
Scrapbook Stamp Society---ATG
Tammy's Scrappin Corner---Back to School
Sisterhood of Crafters---Use a Digi
TTCRD---ATG
Totally Gorjuss---ATG
Tuesday Throwdown---ATG
4 Krafty Girlz---ATG
Country View Crafts---Layers
Crafts-Too Challenge You---Texture with a Twist (My style is lots of layering.  I added texture to this  project by adding some embossing as well as glossy accents to the image's glasses.)
Inspire Me Fridays---ATG
Loves Rubberstamps---Sentiment on Front
Shelly's Images---Roll 'Em (6-Item of Choice-digi image/10-Bling-white gems/3-Die-Nestabilities)
Make It Monday---ATG
Simon Monday Challenge---Embossed
Love to Scrap---ATG
Parade Your Crafts---ATG
Oozak---Die Cuts and/or Punches
Our Creative Corner---Forgotten Things (The border (faux lacy stitch) and  heart stamp)


Just want to remind you to link your projects (up to 5 creations) at the WAW Blog.  You can use the Word Art we give away for free although it's not mandatory.  As long as it's family friendly, inspirational or uplifting, you can enter any creation you made.  Lots of prizes to be won from our our wonderful sponsors this week---Digi Darla and Nice Crane Designs.  For all the wonderful people who took some time to leave me those awesome, sweet comments, thank you so much!  I may not be able to respond but just want to let you all know how much I appreciate your wonderful and encouraging words.  I pray for the Lord's abundant blessings to flow continuously in your lives and to guide you to His Truth always.

38 comments:

  1. I love your series and I need to spend some time and go back and look at all the post. Thanks for this feature.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Ann, your card is so adorable. You just do amazing work. It's a delight to be back with you at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so blessed by the company I keep there. And a big blessing is seeing all your wonderful creations each week! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card.

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC! I just colored this image myself and I appreciate the inspiration for design! Your coloring is AWESOME Jo Ann and how clever to paper piece the titles to fit your theme. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DEVINE DIGIS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. To create something special that gives pleasure and happiness to others is a very special gift and Jo Ann, you obviously have a very special talent for creating beautiful cards. Personally, I love to give and receive a lovingly chosen card because of what it says about a relationship. I also love books and I particularly like this card because of the subject and the attention you have paid to the detail such as giving your books title and making sure the Librarian has her cup of coffee to hand. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely creation! thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Crafting by Designs! Gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card and the coloring is great. Thanks for joining us this week for "Back to School."
    Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card.. great work!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Loves To Scrap!! ~ Cathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous card JoAnn.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you put this card together! So many different elements and colors, and a beautifully decorated inside and envelope box as well! Well done! I came over from MIM to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colouring Jo Ann so bold and vibrant. All the layering adds beautiful dimension.

    Thank you for sharing with us at C2CU.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card Jo Ann!
    Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Greetings Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC with this wonderful card. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm back with a different DT hat on but still LOVE this creation! Awesome design and your coloring is just amazing! GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for joining our "September – ROLL EM" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images Store
    SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute image and a super coloring job! Thanks for joining the Cuttin and Stampin Challenges!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card caught my eyes at another challenge. I love it! All the different patterns, colours and layers... so cool!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Darla this week!
    Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab card, love your coloring
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  20. TFS at Crafting For All Season this time!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can see how this was a labour of love for you. Your attention to detail is wonderful, as is your colouring and paper piecing. A really lovely card. Thanks so much for joining in our Forgotten Things challenge at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the book titles you added. I completely can relate to the clutter. I think I am going through the same thing but at a slower cleaning place with two little ones and a new puppy that keeps me crazy busy! I have been so different lately but once the house gets cleaned and in order I may feel like a new person. Best wishes on cleaning house :) Thanks for playing at LRS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifully colored card. Love the fun design and the image. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGosh I love this. Super cute image and the coloring is fabulous, great card design. This is so fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the image. Sweet card. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous creation and thanks so much for the daily inspiration. Always a pleasure to visit your blog. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this image and brilliant creation
    Thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for the daily inspiration and your card complements it perfectly. Love your always rich bold colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  29. FABULOUS Card!!!
    Thanks You for joining us at PIO last week!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Love the embossed background and the beautiful printed grosgrain ribbon you used! Thanks so much for playing along with us at wholesale ribbon Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is gorgeous! thank you so much for entering the 4 krafty girlz challenge!!
    Toni-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details on your card. Thanks for playing with us at Shelly's Images!

    Jackie
    Shelly's Images Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous card, thank you for joining the my craft creations challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  34. An amazing card from the heart! Wonderful layers and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us at C2CU this month.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous Coloring and fantastic layout! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Back with my CVC hat on this time! Thanks for sharing your fabulous layered card with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a FABULOUS card! I always love visiting your blog and checking out your latest creation!
    We're so glad you played along with us for the Roll 'Em challenge at Shelly's Images! We hope you'll join us for our new Fall Photo challenge that begins today!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...