THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Thursday, October 25, 2018

Scripture Series: Fear of the Lord Card---Join Us for Anything Goes/Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hi there, Crafty friends! We have a new Challenge happening at Word Art Wednesday (WAW). As always, we feature a Scripture Word Art that you can download for free at the WAW site. I was privileged to write our WAW devotional at this time to give our Challenge coordinator, Karen, a much needed rest after her shoulder surgery.  I would like to share it here and I pray that it blesses you as well.  So, our inspiration Scripture for this Challenge that I featured in my card below comes from Proverbs 9:10 which says, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

Before I came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, I grew up knowing that there is a God.  Though it was more of a religion than a relationship with Him, I knew that He watches over me and knows my every thought. I was familiar with the Ten Commandments and tried my very best to obey them.  But I also struggled with fear.  I was terrified of what God's punishment would be every time I violate a commandment or two.  After all, I was taught that God rewards the faithful and punishes the disobedient.

So needless to say, I feared the Lord greatly.  But hey, even in my limited understanding of God those days, that fear kept me out of many troubles.  The fear of the Lord is defined as "the continual awareness that our loving heavenly Father is watching everything we think, say and do."  When we ignore Gd in our lives, we deprive ourselves of understanding His ways, His love and His power.  Those who fear the Lord have a continual awareness of Him, a deep reverence for Him and a sincere commitment to obey Him.  Their fear causes them to focus on the Lord, and walk in wisdom while avoiding foolishness.

Today, nearly thirty years since I came to know God in a deeper and personal way through the finished work of Jesus Christ at the Cross, my fear of Him has transformed into respect (out of love for God) and awe (of His greatness).  I am fearful of doing anything contrary to His plan and purpose in my life.  Because I value him greatly, I desire to know His ways and deliver only what is pleasing to Him.  Therefore, I seek His Word and meditate on His promises daily that in my knowledge and understanding of Him, I would gain wisdom to choose and walk the path He has prepared for me.  I would like to share these passages from Proverbs 2 that tells us of the importance of seeking God's Word, gaining wisdom and the fear of the Lord.

"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding—indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.  For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."

For this Card, I used an image from Bugaboo Stamps called "Guy Walking Dog" which I colored using my Prismacolor markers.  The base is a Kraft CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  The DP is from American Crafts and Recollections and the white brads are from Recollections too.  Lastly, I stitched all over this project.  It's simple and masculine.  I love it!


 FEAR OF THE LORD CARD


 FEAR OF THE LORD CARD LAYERS


 FEAR OF THE LORD CARD INSIDE


FEAR OF THE LORD CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Crafty Creations---ATG
Creative Moments----ATG
Crafty Addicts---ATG
Lemon Shortbread---ATG
Cute N Crafty---ATG
Path of Positivity---ATG (Positive)
Scrapbook Stamp---ATG
Createful Heart---Add a Sentiment
Not Just Cards---ATG
Pause Dream Enjoy---ATG
Sunny Day Crafting---ATG with Animals
Creative Crafters---ATG
Worldwide Open DT---ATG


Make sure you join us at WAW Challenge.  You can use the free Word Art in your creation and link it to our Challenge but is not a requirement.  As long as it's family-friendly, uplifting and inspirational, you can enter up to 5 times each week.  Great prizes to be won from our wonderful sponsors---Pretty Little Studio (price package) and Stix 2 Anything (price package).  Let your trembling turn into awe and reverence as you desire to come to the saving knowledge of  our Lord, Jesus Christ.  He is truly an awesome God!

9 comments:

  1. Love this card and all the details. Your sentiment is lovely:) Good luck on your entry!!Thank you for entering in CuteNCrafty Challenge Blog
    CuteNCrafty Mommy
    Facebook Page
    Facebook Challenge Page
    Cute N Crafty VIP Digi Stamp Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and adorable card.
    Thanks for sharing with us
    DT Cute N crafty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jo Ann. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wendy DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jo Ann xx
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Dianne DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cool. Love the image and your design. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the image and the details inside. Thanks for sharing with us at Craetive Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colorful positive card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Path of Positivity challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo-Ann this is fantastic and great card
    Thanks for join us at
    {ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, love the stitching! Thank you for joining in with us at Createful Heart Design Challenges
    Mary Owner/Designer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...