THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Scripture Series: I Sought the Lord Card---It's our First Challenge for the New Year! Join us for Anything/Inspirational Goes at Word Art Wednesday...

Hi Crafty Peeps! It's the New Year and hope you had a great start this 2021.   We just finished our 3 weeks Blog Hop and you can find the list of winners at our site, Word Art Wednesday (WAW) or below.  Aside from the Blog Hop Winner, my son and I have chosen two more winners to receive a small gift from me. Who are they and how to claim, check below. Thank you very much for all that participated and we enjoyed reading your comments about how WAW and my Blog inspired you with your crafting. As always, we have wonderful sponsors lined up for 2021 so you can join us with an inspirational project or use our Scripture Word Art (you can download for free at the WAW site) and let it inspire you to create---just like I did in the card sample below.  Our Scripture Word Art for this Challenge comes from Psalm 34:4 which says, "I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Wow, what a comforting verse to meditate on as we go through the concerns and uncertainties we face in our personal lives, health and now---the path of our nation.   Everywhere we look/listen, FEAR is being promoted like a cancer.  There is no shortage of news that tells us to stay home, do not go there, do not do this/that, you may be sick because you sneezed or coughed, don't go near me cause you don't look good, don't touch me, you look okay but maybe you're just asymptomatic---Aargh!  What happened to you, people?  Have you all lost faith in God Almighty that made you and breathe life into you (Job 12:10) and numbered your days in accordance to His will and purpose (Psalm 139:16)?   The One Who knew the exact number of your hair at any given time (Luke 12:7)?  The One Who provides, clothe and blesses you daily (Matthew 6:30) Who said He will never leave your nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)?  The One Who came to save you from the penalty of death for your sin and promised you life everlasting so that when you leave this world (John 3:16) He has a mansion prepared for you (John 14:2) in eternity where Death and Sin no longer exist?  Seriously, what happened to you, people?  Did you worship your physical existence that much that you no longer trust the promises and protection of your Maker?  God forbid!

The truth is that fear is something you encounter daily.  It always follows and waiting for the time you let it into your mind and heart.  If you allow it to take root, it will be like a cancer that spreads all over  and you'll see yourself imprisoned/paralyzed with paranoia living in your own bubble.  And while you're there, you are giving Satan the right to take everything away from you---freedom, peace, joy, fellowship among others.  Every rights and opportunities are being stolen from under us daily by demonic entities and all you care about is your own little space?  I am sorry but I don't need anyone's excuses.  If anything, the reason I am writing this is for all of us to examine and identify what we have allowed ourselves to hinder us from pursuing and trusting God.  Is it our family, is it our friends, is it the pandemic  or the sum of all fears---losing our earthly life?  For anything we place over/above God is, you know it----an IDOL! The first and greatest commandment of God is, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the core of all the other commandments.  It is putting God first in his life that Apostle Paul was able to declare with boldness in Philippians 1:19-21, "For I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me (jail) will turn out for my deliverance.  I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

If we are true believers (Born-again, John 3:3) of Jesus Christ and He is our Lord and Savior, we need to live a FEARLESS LIFE.  The promises of God are vast and exceedingly sufficient to drive every fear that seek to chain us.  If you need to declare minute by minute the Word of God for every fear that you encounter, do so!   Seek God, talk to Him, confess everything that concerns you and leave it all in the altar.  FEAR only thrives for those who dwell with UNBELIEF for FAITH CONQUERS every fear.  And it is only when you overcome the fear of losing your life that you will truly be free to serve the Lord and bless/love your neighbor. 

For this Card, I used a die-cut accents from Heidi Grace.  I don't have a lot of time for coloring so, when I saw it in my stash, it gave me an idea.  I think it worked great with the the Scripture Word Art.  The base is white CS, cut and scored to 5.5 inches square.  The DP's are from Paper Studio, the white nail head gems from Imaginisce and the glitters from Stickles (Crystal).  I used the Lawn Fawn dies for the Hillside Borders and I stitched all over the card.  


I SOUGHT THE LORD CARD
 

I SOUGHT THE LORD CARD LAYERS
 
 
I SOUGHT THE LORD CARD INSIDE

 
I SOUGHT THE LORD CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX
 
 
WINNERS OF THE BLOG HOP


From Karen C (Guest Designer) Blog:  Gail Scott
From Holly's Blog:  Christine Miller
From Stephanie's Blog:  Elizabeth Hart
From Ginny's Blog:  Becca Sadler
From Natalie's Blog:  Esther Asbury
From Karen's Blog:  Denise Bryant
From Jo Ann's Blog:  Kathy Asper  
 
Congrats, Kathy Asper.  Please contact Karen Letchworth at WAW for your prize.

Here are TWO EXTRA WINNERS that my son chose to receive a gift from me
 
Cynthia---Stampin' in Alaska (Blog)
Heather---Wire Wrapture (Blog)
 
Thank you for your wonderful comments, Cynthia and Heather.  I want to send you something as a token of appreciation.  Please email me (view my profile) your complete name and address ASAP.  

Hope you enjoyed all our featured projects at WAW...I am looking forward to see your projects linked to our Challenge.  You can include the free Word Art in your projects to link,  but not a requirement.  You can submit any inspirational, uplifting, family friendly creations (up to 5 each week) for more chances to win our prize from our sponsor this week---Taylored Expressions ($30 GC). Okay guys, let us focus our eyes upon the Lord, be sensitive to His voice  and leading and never ever give up the Truth!  Be fearless!


Ready to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Find out how on the sidebar...

19 comments:

  1. I love your card, JoAnn. It's pretty and I like the subtle glitter effects x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty card Jo Ann and how you let the flowers to over the top edge of the card.
    When we were in level 4 lockdown I obeyed the government directives - as a Christian I trust God, but obey those in authority over me as we are told to. Thankfully our nation has had no community cases of Covid for weeks now.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card - sadly it has no critters as required for the challenge - thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jo Ann. Thank you for sharing with us over here at LeAnn’s World 101 and best of luck with your entry.
    Wendy DT Member for https://challengeleannsworld101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. a really pretty card and love the way it shimmers too. Beautiful verse x Thanks for joining our challenge at Let's Craft and Create this month, Happy Crafting, Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty card, thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Danka CT -

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice ! Thank you for your contribution to our January 'Squares' challenge! Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, love the polka dot rain boots!

    Thank you for joining us at Mix It Up!
    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sucha pretty card Jo Ann and the flowers popping out of the yellow boots are so adorable. I hope you and your family are safe and the current lockdown is helping in flattening the Covid cases. Definitely in God we believe and following the national rules shall also help us sail through this problem. Thank you for joining us at HLS Anyhting Goes with Dies Challenge!! XOXO

    Cardogram by Dhruvika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. I love all the patterned papers and the boots with the flowers are adorable. Thanks for sharing your card at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette CT -

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card! I like the square pattern on the bottom.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges and have a wonderful weekend!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your design. I have a boot with flowers die - I may try andmake something similar!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for AG with Dies
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your wonderful yellow spotted boots with their cute flowers, Jo Ann! A great card! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies this month! Stay safe!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...