THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Fall Series: Thankful for Everything Card---Join Our Monthly Anything Goes Challenge Happening at 613 Avenue Create!

Hello everyone...It's a bit late but I'm here to feature my card for our 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes, November Challenge.  I tackled the optional twist which is "Thanks/Thankfulness."  I bought a couple of Thanksgiving inspired stamps a month ago and I used one of them on this project. I love it!  I hope you join us and have some fun crafting and creating.

So many things are happening around us today.  The evil that is hovering in our country and in the world in general are very alarming that brings many to hopelessness, fear and desperation.  The endless attack on our liberty and pursuit of happiness which has been endowed to us by God, our Creator, is threatened by demonic agenda to force many to choose between what they believe is right or to lose their means of livelihood. Each day, we are compelled to make a choice---to stand firm on God's Word with consequences or to compromise for advancement so as to avoid losing everything.  I am not discounting the fact that some choices are easy and that some are life threatening.  No matter what, a true believer of Jesus Christ (Born-again, John 3:3) should not think as the world does---selfish, self-serving and living just for the "now."  Jesus gave His life to free us from the bondage of Sin Nature (slavery to Satan) so that we can be with Him---in His presence now and for all eternity!  Jesus told us in John 16:20-22, "Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy."  Likewise in John 16:32-33, Jesus gave us both warning and encouragement saying, “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  

The truth of the matter is this:  The degree of obedience and perseverance we give to the Word of God determines the depth and quality of our relationship with the Lord.  God revealed Himself in His Word (Written Revelation) and through Christ (Personal Revelation).  Jesus, Who is the Word of God, came alive to redeem us and had been with us since then through the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. The deeper our relationship with Christ, the less likely we'd fall for the threat of the enemy and the worldly system he is using.  Early this year, I experienced some form of spiritual crisis.  Nothing noticeable in the surface but it was a battle within; a case of spiritual anxiety that attempted to steal my peace of mind.  Discerning what the enemy was trying to do, I pleaded to God for a double portion of His peace---the kind that surpasses all understanding. I want a  heart so peaceful that sees the hand of God even in difficult and trying situations in my own life and as a child of God in this fallen world---resilient and firmly grounded in God's Truth!  I fell asleep and when I woke up, I never felt the same.  Praise God for He instantly answered my prayer and gave me great peace and a new pair of eyes to see what's beneath the daily headlines.  I found a deeper understanding of God's Word in Philippians 4:6-7 which says, "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Contrary to what others may think as complacency, I still do everything that God asked me to do for His kingdom but without the weight of the world on my shoulders.  For this is the will of God toward me in Matthew 11:28-30 which says, " Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”  Are you struggling with something today?  Call upon the Lord Jesus.  What He did for me, He will also do for you.

For this Card, I used an image from Stamping Bella called "Teeny Tiny Townie with a Pumpkin Pie" that I colored with the Paper Studio Brush markers.  The base is white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  The DP's are all from Paper Studio, the layered flowers are from Prima and the brad is from Recollections.  The leaves were punched from a couple of punches from Fiskars and EK Success. I added some glitters from Stickles (Crystal) and stitched all over this project for added dimension.  


THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING CARD


THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING CARD LAYERS


THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING CARD INSIDE


THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX

This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

2 Sisters---ATG
Ching-Chou Kuik---Thankful/Thankgiving/Thanks 
Craftyhazelnut's---Patterned Paper
Creatalicious---ATG/Ribbon or Twine 
Creative Craft Cottage---Add some Sparkle
Daisy Chain---Add Sparkle 
Dream Factory---Limitless 
Girlz Rebel---Autumn Colors 
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie---Picture Inspiration (love the colors and leaves)
LeAnns World---ATG 
MIUCB---ATG/3D Projects 
Sognando---ATG
Crafting Challenge---Stitching  
Four Seasons---Fall 
YSP---ATG


This is it for now, guys.  Make sure to join us at our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create---for an Anything Goes Challenge.  If you want to be challenged, take on the Optional Twist.  But there's really no reason for you to miss it. Can't wait to see what you create. Remember to put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ always and in His Word to stay in the right course.

Ready to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Find out how on the sidebar...

19 comments:

  1. Stunning card, beautiful verses, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog posts Jo Ann. Your words of love is so encouraging and so needed these days! Oh, how we could all use double portion of His peace! Such a sweet card! Love the stitching and the touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted to hear your encouraging comments and how the Blog post ministered to you. God is so good and He knows the cries of our heart. He will never withhold anything good from us when we come to Him for help.

      God bless always,
      JO ANN

      Delete
  3. Very cute card and image! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the image and the beautiful flower colors. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Jo Ann! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright and fun card--perfect for expressing thankfulness. Thankj you so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Well done!! Thanks for entering your card at Creative Craft Cottage
    Geweldige kaart. Super!!!!! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative Craft Cottage
    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Creative Craft Cottage
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
    https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! I love the image (the giant pie really got me!) Thanks for sharing with us at Four Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! thanks for participating in Crafts Galore Encore challenge blog at http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, my sweet friend Jo Ann:
    Another FABULOUS card you've created here. You are so talented and I'm always blown away with your wonderful creativity. thanks so much for sharing with us over at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog and please join us again soon. I always enjoy seeing what you've created.
    Blessings,
    Karen, DT
    The Four Seasons Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
    DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really wonderful card! Love the verses!
    Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge and we hope to see you again in December for our final challenge.
    XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT
    http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fabulous. Great work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...