THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Scripture Series: Sweeter than Honey Card---Join Our Current Inspirational/Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hi there, friends!  There's only one day left to join our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW). I'm posting this quite late (too many things happening) for our current challenge but a new one starts this Wednesday. The Scripture Word Art  featured in my card comes from Psalm 119:103 which says, "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" 
 
Although I drink coffee occasionally, I am not a fan of black coffee, espresso or anything that is too strong and bitter to taste.  I can withstand drinking it (if I had to) but I wouldn't probably enjoy it.  Now, if I can dilute it with some hot water, milk, sweetener or honey, I can make the coffee enjoyable for me.  Most of the time, we have an array of drinks to choose from that we can buy from stores and restaurants. At times, it's just water and/or some bitter coffee. Hey, it's okay---I will still be grateful to the Lord!  Anyway, I remember booking a room at Airbnb owned by a nurse. She left us a few K-cups to brew before she went to work early that day.  So when we woke up and made our coffees, we realized there were no milk nor sugar.  Since we're allowed access to her kitchen, we looked at the cabinets and found only two little packs of honey.  Though it wasn't enough to sweeten our coffees to our preference, that honey helped with some flavor.  When she arrived home, she was apologetic for forgetting to provide us some sweeteners after we asked her where the sugar was. 

Sugar, honey and other sweeteners are part of our daily consumption (unless you're in a diet of some sort)  just like salt and many spices.  We cannot consume too  much or too little for it will be detrimental to our physical health.  But if we focus our attention to our highlighted verse in this post, the actual honey many of us enjoy cannot compare to the spiritual sweetness, nourishment and satisfaction that comes only from the Word of God.  Yet, life can be sweet for a season and before you know it, it becomes unbelievably bitter.  But we don't have to surrender to the bitter things of life---for God's Word is available to us 24/7.  In the middle of fear, life's uncertainties, bad news and deadlines, we can choose to silence the negativity in our minds by trusting and meditating on the sweet promises of God. We fight back by rejecting the thoughts, suggestions and vision our enemy (Satan) tries to plant in us.  We should learn to actively fight the voices in our heads that makes us doubt the love and concern God promised us in His Word.  We cannot rely on our own abilities and strength to change our situations/conditions.  We need Jesus in the battle and our weapon is His Word!  2 Corinthians 10:3-5 tells us, "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
 
My friends, my family is currently going through some bitter days!  I prayed to the Lord and He gave me His Word in 1 Peter 5:7 and told me, "Cast all your anxiety on Me because I care for you."  That immediately lifted up my spirit.  I look it up in my Life Application Bible and the commentary says, "Carrying your worries, stresses and daily struggles by yourself shows that you have not trusted God fully with your life. It takes humility, however, to recognize that God cares, to admit your need, and to let others in God's family help you.  Sometimes we think that struggles caused by our own sin and foolishness  are not God's concern.  But when we turn to God in repentance, He will bear the weight even of those struggles.  Letting God have your anxieties calls for action, not passivity.  Don't submit to circumstances, but to the Lord who controls circumstances."  I am totally in awe that the God of all creation gave me such a loving message.  How do I know it?  It's because the Lord and I have this personal relationship for 33 years now where He revealed/reveals Himself to me and I would/will hear Him. Jesus said in John 10:27-28, "The sheep that are My own hear My voice and listen to Me; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand."  His message of casting and caring truly encouraged me.  But the days following, the enemy cranked up the negativity as he challenges our faith and patience to wait on the Lord.  Everyday, we have to actively battle and go against every negative thoughts and emotions trying to drown our faith in God.  Truth be told, our biggest enemy is often ourselves!  Don't give in---live by God's Word!  If you are experiencing bitter/stormy situations and are going through depression and hopelessness---JESUS CARES FOR YOU!  He loves you and would like to speak to you. Surrender your life to Him and let Him be your personal Lord and Savior (Born-again, John 3:3).  Don't delay!  Your eternal destination depends on this very important decision you have to make before you die.  You can use the prayer I shared in the sidebar as your guide.  Then read God's Word and find a Bible-based Church that will help you grow in your spiritual walk with God.  Believers are not exempt from trials but our great advantage is having our Savior's presence with/in us no matter where life takes us. And that is super sweet!
 
For this Card, I used an image from Stampendous called "Fran's Mini Clear Set Whimsical."  For a change, I did not color the flowers but paper-pieced them with DP from Pebbles.  The base is white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square.  I also used a stencil (honey comb) from Recollections and Distress Inks to make the background panel. I added some glitters (Stickles-Crystal) to the leaves and center of the flowers.  Lastly, I ran it through my sewing machine.  

 
SWEETER THAN HONEY CARD 


SWEETER THAN HONEY CARD LAYERS
 

SWEETER THAN HONEY CARD INSIDE
 

SWEETER THAN HONEY CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX
 
 
This Card is entered into the following Challenges:
 
Aud Sentiments---Watecolor and/or Spring with Sentiment
Crafting Happiness---ATG/Flowers
Get Creative---Flower Frenzy
Path of Positivity---Inspired by Nature
Crazy is our Fame---Use Stencil with Flowers
Unicorn---Flowers
613 Avenue Create---Say it with Flowers 
Stamping Sensations---Must be Stamped Image with optional Stencil 
We Love Stamping---Anything Stamped with option "In the Garden" 
Paper Dragonfly---Anything Goes/Flies or Island Paradise
Happy Little Stampers---Use Stencil 
Lets Craft and Create---ATG with optional Ribbon, Lace or Twine or all
Mix It Up---ATG/Embossing 
Rabisco---ATG 
The Crafting Challenge---Add an Embellishment
YSP---ATG
 
Make sure you join us at WAW Challenge.  You can use the free Word Art in your creation and link it to our Challenge but is not a requirement.  As long as it's family-friendly, uplifting and inspirational, you can submit up to 5 entries per week.  Our wonderful sponsor for this week is  Your Next Stampgiving away a $20 e-GC.  So excited to see what you come up with.  Anyway, cheer up and let the joy of the Lord overtake you today.  Let us pray and encourage one another to trust God's Word always!

Ready to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Find out how on the sidebar...

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Jo Ann - and yes, I have had days where all I can do is cry out to God to sustain me, and He always has. Our God if faithful!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maxine...I can tell you that God is faithful to His promises. He dealt with our main concern and the rest is just waiting to manifest. I felt a renewed strength, peace, joy and a heightened desire to serve the Lord. All that battle in the spirit and patience in waiting truly brings promotion in our spiritual walk with God. Silence does not mean God is not there. He is teaching us to trust in Him with our actions, not just in words. God is awesome!

      Delete
  2. The hardest thing for me to do was to finally let go and let God. Trust is Faith. Your card is so bright a cheerful, I like how you've paper pieced the flowers instead of coloring. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling, JoAnn! Loving your happy colors, and pretty floral arrangement! Thanks for the inspiration and for submitting your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created card, fabulous stenciling!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and The Four Seasons!
    Diane SF and FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely thoughts in your story. Letting go is difficult, thank you for your words. This is a gorgeous card and I love the papers are positive and negative colours in each. It's beautiufl. Also, a beautiful envelope to match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so pretty Jo Ann! Love your color combination! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for also playing along in our Stencil Fun challenge ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hermosa Tarjeta !!
    Gracias por participar
    My Besties Spanish DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. One honey of a card, JoAnn! Thank you for sharing your sunny creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing you each month for a NEW challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back with another DT hat on, to repeat the compliment on your card, so very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the nice bright flowers. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! Those flowers look amazing with the background. Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and well written blog too! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete

  16. Hola amiga! Tu Proyecto es muy muy hermoso. Las flores y colores lindos y el verso de la Palabra poderoso pues Sus palabras son dulces a mi paladar mas que la miel a mi boca :)
    Gracias por acompañarnos en los retos de My Besties Spanish este mes.
    Que tengas un fin de semana muy bendecido.
    Lidia R. Dt Coordinator at
    https://mybestiesspanishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
    Mi blog personal: https://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/belloamanecer22/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...