THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Friday, February 26, 2010

Just taking a break from the traditional shaped cards...

Hey there, crafty people! Today, I am just glad to show you the two cards I've made this week...Yes, I hope I can make more than two but not a lot of time to play with and this two took me forever...LOL But I am so happy with the way they turned out. I hope you can agree with me. I am so into sewing cards right now (since I got rid of that fear to sew on paper 2 weeks ago and made my first card) that I thought every card I would make will have some kind of stitching but this Tilda card end up with no stitching yet a lot of work. Here's some pics:


SIDESTEP GARDEN COURAGE TILDA CARD:
This Magnolia Tilda image is stamped and hand-colored by me and showing Psalm 31:24 for sentiment. This is a fun style card that is very 3-D. This is my first time to try the side step card and I thought it would be so easy but any wrong or crooked measurement can ruin the shape of the card...Very tricky, I tell you! I wasted two 8.5 X 11 white CS before I had the perfect cut...Now, the fun part is coloring this lovely Magnolia Tilda and creating a concept. The whole garden motif was far from what I originally planned but after I placed the grass (from Sizzix dies), the whole new concept dawned to me...I just love it! Love the flowers too (Studio G)...All images are colored with Gamsol. The swirl that Tilda is sitting on turned out cute after some major inking mishap, I was able to incorporate that to the swirl design which turned out well (Oh, I thank God!)



SIDESTEP GARDEN COURAGE TILDA CARD (Sideview):

This so much fun but tons of work...I can tell that I will be doing some more of this card style in the days to come.


Now here's another fun design...Tsaraaa! I also entered this card in the following challenges:

1. Polka Doodle shaped card challenge
2. Cute Card Thursday featuring ribbons...

3. The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge featuring stitching...


JUST FOR YOU DOILY FLOWER CARD:
This great flower image is stamped and hand-colored by me and showing "Just For You" as sentiment. The card base was cut 5.25 inches from Cricut Wild Card cartridge. There's a lot inking, stamping and stitching on this one as you can tell from the pictures both inside and outside the card. The main flower design was embossed to create a wet look. Another dry, embossed image can be seen beside the message space. I put a lot of work on this, I tell you, but truly worth it. I got some inspiration from the "A Card-A-Day" book (from designer Beatriz Jennings) but made all the colors and concept mine. This is the best Card book ever! Even my 4-year old boy loves this card...


JUST FOR YOU DOILY FLOWER CARD (INSIDE THE CARD):
Here I am falling in love with stitching and incorporating that in this card...Why did I chicken out on sewing and let my brand new sewing machine sit for more than a year? But there's no more turning back now. I love how stitching adds beauty to a card so, you can see more stuff like this in the future.

Okay, thanks for checking my blog guys and just want to thank the Lord Jesus for all the strength, resources and fresh ideas he reveals to me in my creation...To Him be the glory always!

19 comments:

  1. both cards are absolutely adorable. may i ask you where i might find the instructions for the sidestep card? i would definately like to attempt this. please and thank you!

    sincerely,
    kat
    cen30611@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody is saying that my cards are bright and happy...I am glad you like my kind of bright. Appreciate all your wonderful comments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo Ann

    Two lovely bright cards.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so gorgeous! I just love your blog and because of this have selected you to be one of my 15 beautiful blog award recipients!

    I do hope you stop by to pick up your award!!!

    -Kim
    http://www.olivejuicestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brenda and Olive...Thanks so much for your comments and for checking my projects...And Olive, I appreciate the award, really! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the detail on both of your cards.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for checking out my cards, guys! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us over on CCT this week :D
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are both stunning cards , i also have trouble getting the measurements correct and the large piece at the side wont lay flat .I have tried many different youtube tutorials and still cant get them right would you mind sharing your measurements ?
    Thanks for playing along at polkadoodles this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. katesacraftybugger...I emailed you! Thanks for the compliments and to Leann, you are so sweet too! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shaped card and I love the colours. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this shaped cut and I love the colors you've chosen. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, thanks for visiting here Kerry and Kris L...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for playing along in our shaped card challenge at Polkadoodles this week! Fabulous colours - great card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards Jo Ann. The side step card is a real stunner and looks tricky to do. The colours of the other card are so pretty too.
    Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles shaped card challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...