THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Saturday, February 18, 2012

Aloha! Pineapple Girl Doily Card...

Hi there, friends!  I know it's been a week since my last post but time always fly by so fast in my home and it was only yesterday that I was able to make this fabulous card I am sharing with you today.  It's been cloudy and rainy here for a couple of days now and though we don't see snow commonly here, the ever changing Texas weather is not easy to deal with so, when I saw this fabulous Pineapple Girl Image from Mo Manning, all colored and ready (I colored it a few months ago with my Promarker and Prismacolor markers), I was inspired to make this Hawaiian, summer inspired, 5.5-inch card.  I think she is so pretty that I cannot just make a simple card for her so, I cut a couple of doily cards with Kraft and Red CS (using my Cricut Wildcard cartridge) attached them together and started embellishing.  I cut several circles in different sizes with 3 different DP's and used them to layer my card.  I cut 2 flowers with my Sizzix die, embossed it with my Cuttlebug, layered some Prima flowers on them, attached with brads and glittered.  I also cut 3 Swirly vines with another Sizzix die and added some glitters on them.  Then, I included some gems for added dimension.  The sentiment is from Hampton Art Stamps.  And yes, as you will notice, I did a ton of sewing on this card.  All in all, I had a long, fabulous time crafting and it turned out great.  What do you think?  This card is entered into the following Challenges:

1.  Playing In Paradise featuring "Stitching: Real or Faux"
2.  Crafty Ann's featuring "Bold and Bright" 
3.  Digi Doodle Shop Best featuring "Anything Goes" 
4.  DP2 featuring "My Sentiments Exactly" 
5.  Cute Card Thursday featuring "Flower Power" 
6.  Delightful Challenges featuring "Use Your Scraps" 
7.  Fab 'n' Funky featuring "Try Something New"---I combined die-cut flowers and Primas
8.  Crafty Catz Weekly featuring "Favorite Things"---I love glitters, flowers, swirls 
9.  Do You Stack Up featuring "Layers"
10.Paper Crafting Journey featuring "Make it Cute" 
11.Poodles Parlour featuring "Card for Female" 
12.Crafters Companion featuring "Anything Goes" 
13.That's Krafty Thursday featuring "Use of Kraft CS" 
14.SSDS Challenge featuring"More Than Two Layers"


 ALOHA! PINEAPPLE GIRL DOILY CARD:


 ALOHA! PINEAPPLE GIRL DOILY CARD LAYERS:


 ALOHA! PINEAPPLE GIRL DOILY CARD INSIDE:


ALOHA! PINEAPPLE GIRL DOILY CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:

After all the fun time crafting last night, I was very sleepy today (the cool and rainy day helped me feel that way too...LOL) and I am glad I found the strength to post this card after dosing off several times in our sofa.  Oh and I had an exam with my Bible Class last Thursday and I think I got a perfect score (I'll know for sure next Thursday) so, thanking my Father Almighty Who is ever so faithful to me in spite of my imperfections.  He surely reminds me daily how the blood of Jesus washed me clean of every sin in the past, present and future.  To Him, I give all the praise.  Okay guys, time for me to go and hope to hear your comments on my card soon.  Have a wonderful weekend.

22 comments:

  1. wowzers, great card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges good luck and hope to see you next time.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love all the layers and the vibrant colors! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous Jo Ann - perfect for our bold & bright challenge at Crafty Ann's. Thank you for joining us.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly fab card and envelope set. Great bright colours and I like how you've used the stitching to highlight the layers. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

    Rachel x

    P.S. Don't forget we are holding a DT call just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for the nice comment. You don't know how many times I thought of applying as DT to the many blogs out there but not sure what to expect and what qualifications they need. I just have this humble blog to show so, I am not sure if I am qualified...

      Delete
  5. What a creation...love the vibrant color palette! Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work with the colors and details. A fab image too!

    develop an iphone app

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladies...thanks for sharing your precious time to comment here. I truly appreciate each one of you. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!Beautifully detailed card.Lovely colouring too.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    Jo Ann you don't really need any qualifications for DT work.Basically you just need to be able to make cards or other projects(which you do beautifully),meet deadlines,post on your blog and be committed to commenting.You'd need to check individual team calls to see exactly what they want from you.Take a look at Feline Playful ,they have a section for DT Calls,or any challenge blogs.Why not give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa...Thanks for sharing some info about DT work and I will surely look into the link you shared and the many other challenges out there that calls for DT. Big challenge for me is time and I know that when I commit, I give my all but may mean sleepless nights so, had to see if I can handle that.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous card, great colours. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you next week!

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular card work. Love that little ahoha girl.
    Thank You for Playing in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous - beautiful colouring and love the rich tropical feel of the whole thing! Thanks for Playing in Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely creation, Thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ, good luck, play again soon, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! Love the way you decorated the inside of the card, the envelope and the special box. Seems like it doesn't take much to make a card too big for the average envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh JoAnn, this is SO cute! I love the image and the whole Aloha theme! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. You have done so much work on this card even on the inside. You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is seriously cute, love the colours and your details are perfect. Thanks for playing with us at the papercrafting journey, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, lots of fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful card JoAnn, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card and the colors you used. Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS. Good Luck!

    Just A Pac Rat
    http://www.circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think it's lovely and gorgeous! it's so bold and expressive... Good choice of colors.
    quality website design

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...