THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Thursday, May 27, 2010

Father's Day Gatefold Card...

I have seen a Gatefold card before and had long been wanting to make one but just did not have the time but there's no stopping me this time...Father's day is fast approaching and paired with one of my favorite images, I came up with this one...This card has been entered into the following Challenges:

1.  Charisma Cardz featuring Going Round in Circles
2.  Sketchy Colors featuring "Earth Colors"


JUST FOR YOU DAD (FISHING) CARD:
Love the way this card turned out to be.  The image is from Whipper Snapper Designs and I colored it with my trusted Bic and Sharpie markers except for the face in which I had to use Gamsol for a more subtle effect.  Used Nestabilities to cut the image into a circle and inked with Tim Holtz distress ink (Frayed Burlap).  The sentiment is from Perfectly clear stamps and added some metal embellishments for a masculine feel...The stitching on the paper sure added a cool dimension to this card as well.


JUST FOR YOU DAD (FISHING) CARD (UP-CLOSE):
I love my Crop-a-dile so much that adding metal embellishments such as this is easy breezy.  I got a lot of this metal embellishments a long time ago, on sale, at Jo-Ann's and it sure came handy on projects like this.


JUST FOR YOU DAD (FISHING) CARD (INSIDE):
I love how the idea on the inside of this card came to me...Stamping those fishes from Inkadinkado complemented to whole idea in this card although I don't really know much about fishing...LOL  My hubby said that those are not the kind of fish normally caught when fishing...Who cares?  A fish is a fish, right?...LOL


JUST FOR YOU DAD (FISHING) CARD WITH ENVELOPE:
This is an A2 card but had to make a customized envelope to accommodate it's thickness...I had fun making this and I hope you love it too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...