THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Ray of Sunshine Card---Join us at our Neighborhood---613 Avenue Create "Anything Goes or Sketch Challenge!"

Good morning, fellas!  It's another Sunday morning and ready to give glory and praise to my Savior, Jesus Christ, with believers all over the world.  It's amazing to know that right at this wee hour in the morning of Sunday, people around the globe are giving praise unto our Maker.  I ask myself, what can I do to please my Almighty Father today?  The answer is absolutely "NOTHING!"  With this, I meant "nothing" from my own ability.  All the things that I thought I can do (talents, gifts, abilities, good deeds and behavior) are not going to win me His favor.  Outside a personal relationship and  Lordship of Jesus Christ, we are totally bankrupt and cast out from the presence of God which affected all of humanity after the Fall of Adam.  As Adam committed high treason in the eyes of God by disobeying God and taking the side of the devil, allowing the very "sin nature" of the devil to be deposited in him and all humanity, we were all sentenced to die three folds---spiritual, physical and eternal deaths.  There was no hope for human beings no matter how good a person you are.  Seeing this sad situation, God gave the Law (Mosaic Law) which was not meant to save people but to teach people how Holy God is and for us to see how helpless we are to obey the law.  The Bible declares in Romans 3:20, "For by works of the law no human being will be justified in His sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."  The Law is meant to point us to Jesus Christ---our Only Hope of  Salvation!  Galatians 4:24 says,  "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by FAITH."  Jesus Christ fulfilled all the requirements of the Mosaic law through His death, burial and resurrection.  Those who believed and put their trust in Him identified with His death burial and resurrection, triumphed over the Law and entered into a new covenant with Him and the Father---"Salvation by Faith."  The Holy Spirit lives inside a believer and directs our ways as a vessel in whom God can use.  Galatians 2:20 sums up a Born-Again (John 3:3) believer's life in this verse,  "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  But how about those who would not accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross?  It's sad to say but they will pay of the due penalty of their sins, under the Law.  In such, there's no escape of judgment!  So, if you hear the voice of God today, harden not your hearts.  Allow Him to be your Savior, your Lord and enter into the life that He has intended us to have both on earth and the eternal life.  These scriptures told me how to come to the saving knowledge of Christ in Romans 10:8-10,  But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:  If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."

So, what then can I offer unto the Lord as a believer of Jesus Christ?  I offer Him all of me---my life, my heart, my soul and my spirit.  As I stand to sing praises to Him and lead His people to His presence, I have complete confidence of  His Holy Spirit working in me and will utter words that will please my God.  The blood of Jesus (shed at the Cross of Calvary) has taken all my shame and gave me victory against all powers and principalities seeking to devour me. I don't come in the presence of God with my own abilities, instead, I come with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ who gained all authority in heaven and on earth after His resurrection, who washed me clean, without blemish in the eyes of my Father God.  Jesus Christ saved me from every sin---past, present and future and nothing can truly separate me from the love of God through Christ Jesus! I remember what my Pastor told us one day in my Bible class.  "A believer's worst day is better than any unbelievers best day."  And all I can say is---"Thank You, Jesus!"

Anyway, I have my inspiration card for you today for our Sketch/Anything Goes Challenge at 613 Avenue Create.  Our sponsor is Bugaboo stamps so, I am grateful that they allowed me to use this very cute digi from their collection.  It's called "Molly Moo Corn Stalks" which I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Sharpie Markers.  We were provided a Sketch to follow and I think this is my very first time to follow a Sketch.  It's not very easy since I am used to deciding my own lay-outs but after cutting all the pieces I needed, it went smoothly.  I used a Kraft card base measuring 5.5-inches square.  I gathered some of my stash of CS and matched them with my DP's from DCWV.  I die-cut the biggest of my Lacey Circle Nestabilities to produce that awesome shape where I laid my image and die-cut another Spellbinders using one of the Creative Page Tabs which produce those flowery tabs (I love it!).  I incorporated one of Heidi Grace die-cut pieces---the sun and the cloud and added some glitters to the sun and also to some parts of the main image using Stickles (Diamond).  The very cute sentiment is a freebie from Create with TLC.  I added some color to the sentiment to fit the colors in my card using Paint Program.  My son (7 years old) suggested that I make it like a sign and so I did using one of my Cuttlebug folders and embossing machine.  I love my boy---he always appreciates my work!  Lastly, I stitched all over this card.  I love how it turned out!


 A RAY OF SUNSHINE CARD:


 A RAY OF SUNSHINE CARD LAYERS:


 A RAY OF SUNSHINE CARD INSIDE:


A RAY OF SUNSHINE CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 

This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

TTCRD---Anything Goes
V's Sweet Ideas---Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly---Bingo (Diagonal:  Gems/Free/Glitters)
Totally Gorjuss---Spring Shades
Cupcake Inspirations---Polka Dots
Lacy Sunshine---Spring Fever
Forever Friends---Die-cuts and Punches
Pile it On---Embossing
Whimsical Designs---Emboss It
Splendiferous Creations---Emboss Me
Sister Act---Anything Goes
Bearly Mine---Anything Goes
Card Mania---Punches and/or Die-cuts
MilkCoffee---Welcome Spring
Sparkle N Sprinkle---Use Digital Image
DRS Designs---One Stitch at a Time
Digistamps4Joy---Anything Goes
Pattie's Creations---Make it Sparkle (Must always use an image)
Make It Monday---Anything Goes
Mema's Crafts---Anything Goes
Paper Shelter---Spring Delights
Creative Moments---Weather (Cloudy with a Ray of Sunshine)
OSAAT---Bright
Pin and Tack---Anything Goes
Scrappy Frogs---Think Spring


I better get going but let me remind you to visit our Blog at 613 Avenue Create and join our Anything Goes or Sketch Challenge.  That means that it's not mandatory to follow the Sketch but we'd be happy if you consider.  Lots of great prices to be won from our great sponsor---Bugaboo Digi Stamps!  Have an awesome day praising the Lord and would appreciate any comment you will leave me here.  If you enjoyed visiting my Blog or found some wonderful inspiration, please consider being a Follower.  Leaving you with this, "A life without Jesus is no life at all."  God bless!

36 comments:

  1. Yep...think this one just about fits the theme! Lol.

    It's an absolute stunner to start us off with this challenge. Love Molly Moo, and the colours and layout you've used are really fabulous. Love it.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jo Ann :-) the image is adorable and the colours and details are fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic fun card!! Thank you for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine Challenge.. Good luck!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week for a new challenge!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coloring and the photography of your cards remains extraordinary. Your spiritual message is always uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo Ann, I don't know how I missed this darling digi at Bugaboo but now I have to go and get her. Great card and I love the way you interpreted the sketch. I'm really looking forward to working with all of you at 613 Avenue Create and am so excited to be part of the team. :-D Just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Forever Friends and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from MIM: What a great card with lots of fun elements! And I love the colors you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful God-inspired creation! Love it. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy.
    Margy (owner)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card--thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card love your strong colouring and your image. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your card is so darling. Thank you so much for joining our last "Anything goes" Challenge over at Bearly Mine. Hope to see your lovely creations soon again.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cute cute!!! What a bright and cheerful card! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jo Ann Your cards are both beautiful! Way back in my blog are lots of cards; I was a great lover of Kenny's stamps and designed for the "dragon" company so you sure hit my soft spots! Isn't it funny (well not funny, maybe ironic) how when people think of Adam and Eve they only think of them being the beginning and don't give thought to anything else. Oh, maybe in jest or lightness they talk about the apple but that is it. There is so much more to it and you really captured it here. I really enjoyed the depth you went into and how you portrayed your own understanding of the passages. I like how you translate in "today's" terms so that your message goes far and wide and that you aren't using strictly theological terms that stay limited to just a few. Thanks for introducing me to fantabulous art and deeply moving and terrifically funky ways in which you preach on your blog. Lovies, Samara (Rev. Dr.) xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coloring on this adorable image is amazing!!! Love that sentiment! It is bound to brighten someone's day!! Thanks for joining us st DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. too stinking cute! Love how he's peeking out. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card and lovely colors Jo Ann..Loz
    Visiting from MIM...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card n nice coloring. I like your message, thanks for sharing. Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations, hope will see you soon.
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi JoAnn!

    What a unique interpretation of my sketch! I love it!

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omgoodness, is this ever darling! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! This is just stunning! Thank you for taking time to visit and play along with us at Mema's Crafts. Good Luck in the draw and the blog giveaway.

    Hugs
    Lesia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and funy card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOWZERS! Look at those bold, brilliant colors! LOVE this card! The image is so sweet and your coloring is amazing! Love the layout and the finished set, complete with inside and envelope. A wonderful finished product!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, love all your hand-cutting elements!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Make It Sparkle' Challenge #65!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card. Love the colors you used. Thank you for joining in at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card with fabulous colouring :)Love the bright colours and sentiment is just perfect. You are a ray of sunshine and you leave such lovely comments

    Many thanks for joining in with our 'Bright' challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous bright colours! And I love the fussy cutting of the image. :)

    Thanks for joining in with our Bright challenge at OSAAT this week.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a fun card! Love the cute image and beautiful designer papers you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday..... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute! Love all the layers!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my word play saturday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely stunning. I love all the details and vibrant colouring. Saw you on MIM and had to pop in for a closer look. Glad I did. TFS. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card! thanks for playing with "LS" this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  32. How colorful and fun is this card! Love the vivid colors, fun image, and motivational sentiment. Your blog is sooo great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the design with the fold, scene, colours and stitches. Thanks for playing at Pattie's Creations and good luck Hope to see you back friday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Pattie's Creations Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine! Hope you join us for the next challenge.
    Mandy x (Lacy Sunshine Creative Team)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous card love the coloring job and the details! Thanks for playing with us SNS monthly challenges.

    Jackie
    Sparkle N Sprinkle DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...