THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Sunday, April 28, 2013

Life is a Beach Center Step Card---It's Another Challenge Week at our Neighborhood---613 Avenue Create!

Hi there!  It's another Sunday morning and I would like to highlight the first of the 2 cards I'm set to post today Watch out for the other one later on today).  But before that, just want to thank the Lord for the rain (lots and lots of it!) that came pouring down here a few hours ago.  Growing up, rain usually makes me sad.  I remember as a kid, we would occasionally asked my parents if we could all head out and have some family fun.  My Dad usually tells me, "Let's see, if it does not rain, we'll head out and have some fun." My brother and I would be so excited but after a few hours, the sky would go dark and the cold wind blew and we would end up sitting in front of the window just hoping that rain would not come, but it did!  We were so upset as that rain meant a cancelled plan.  In case you're wondering, I was born in the Philippines and rain is very common there.  We only enjoy 2 seasons---wet or dry!  It comes usually in the form of typhoon for most of the time and I remember praying to the Lord (As a believer) to spare our home from flooding.  It happened quite often (my last experience was many years ago---it was waist deep inside our home) that rain just gave me some "not so wonderful" memories.  That childhood experience shaped my life in a way that I became so determined to not allow any rain or calamity (even the earthquake I experienced which registered  over 7  in the Richter scale when I was 19) to hinder me from fulfilling a plan or a promise.  I remember going to the university on different occasions and had to go against my Mom's advise not to proceed due to flooding.  I told her that until I hear of any news suspending classes, I would have to find a way to go especially during final exams and such.   You see, the way we were brought up affects our character, decisions, passions and personalities.   My experience in life taught me that if I give my word to somebody, that I fulfill my word no matter what.  If I couldn't, that I'd have the courtesy to inform that someone before any trust is broken.  Everything that we encounter in life has a purpose and if we come under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and have established a personal relationship with Him by trusting His finished work on the Cross, we will view every experience that comes our way to work towards the fulfillment of His purpose.  A wonderful Pastor told me once, "God is not just concerned about your salvation but He's more interested in developing your character."   That was awesome!  Just want to share with you the following scriptures which tells us that  as we trust God with out lives, both the good and bad things we encounter along the way has a purpose---to bring glory to Jesus in whom all blessings flow.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  (Romans 8:28)

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." (1 Peter 2:9)

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,  in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.  And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,  who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory."  (Ephesians 1:11-14)

Anyway, speaking of going somewhere, this is what I want to share with you through this card I created.  It's all about vacation and having fun at the Beach.  We have an "Anything Goes with Picture Inspiration Challenge" at 613 Avenue Create and our sponsor for this week is Shelly's Images.  I was able to use this wonderful "Beach Signs" image from them (love it!).  To add fun to the card, I included another favorite image from Mo Manning's Digi Stamps called "Summer Girl" (Isn't she cute?!).  I colored both images with my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir and Sharpie markers.  I used a Kraft base card cut at 5.5-inches center step card design.  All the DP's are from my scraps (Recollections/K & Company/Heidi Grace).  The perfect sentiment is a freebie from Create with TLC (thanks, Paulette).  I added glossy accents to the glasses of the girl image, applied some glitters (Stickles-Orange Peel) to the image's Popsicle and my favorite white gems from Imaginisce.  I also used Distress Ink (Tim Holtz-Tumbled Glass) to the Beach Image's horizon and it worked out great.  Lastly, I went ahead and stitched all over this card.  I just love the fun vacation conveyed by this card and makes me want to head over to the nearest beach...LOL  Hope you like it too. 


 LIFE IS A BEACH CENTER STEP CARD:


 LIFE IS A BEACH CENTER STEP CARD SIDE VIEW:


 LIFE IS A BEACH CENTER STEP CARD LAYERS:


 LIFE IS A BEACH CENTER STEP CARD INSIDE:


LIFE IS A BEACH CENTER STEP CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp---Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafters---Free for All
Penny's Paper-Crafty---Anything Goes
Creative Belli---Spring
Craft-room---So Sentimental
Paper Crafting Journey---Use a Sentiment
Bearly-Mine---Digi Days
QKR Stampede---Favorite Things (I love this card design and the white gems)
TTCRD---Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs---Anything Goes
Pumpkin Spice---Nature
Art Impressions---Layer it Up
Crafty Calendar---Sunshine and Showers
Crafts for Eternity---Perfect Papers
Make It Monday---Anything Goes
My Time to Craft---Kraft
Paper Pretties---Fabulous Folds
Sandy's Crafty Creations---Anything Goes with Stitching
Ecclectic Ellapu---Anything Goes
Sparkle N Sprinkle---Use a Digital Image
Inspire Me Fridays---Anything Goes
Sister Act---Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody---Anything Goes


Have an awesome day, everyone and praying that the blessings of our Almighty God in Christ shower your lives this week.  It is good to be in the presence of the Lord and to rely upon Him every moment of my life here where it's temporary and the eternal future.  I thank the Lord Jesus---for my everyday is certain in Him!  Don't spend another day without Him.  He is calling you to His arms of love---I pray you respond...

26 comments:

  1. WOW gorgeous card!!! You always have the greatest coloring and your layout is fabulous. I'm always amazed how you coordinate the envelops with the card! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Gorgeous card and scene Jo Ann. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this creation! ADORABLE how you've combined these images! Fabulous coloring and design ... WOW!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you card on MIM and had to come take a closer look. What a fabulous card! I just love everything about it and that is such an adorable image.Fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab bright cheerful card, thank for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is absolutely fabulous! Everything fits together so perfectly, and your colouring is amazing! Thanks for joining in with our "So Sentimental" theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great summertime card, love your use of images and colouring, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project. Thank you for sharing with us Eclectic girlies. Hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine aka Ellapu (Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Fabulous step card. You coloring/shading is amazing! So glad you joined us at the SNS Creative Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a fabulous card!! Love the design, sweet image and the fab coloring!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're getting a lot of WOWs and that's my first reaction too!! Great detail - WOW!! Thanks for joining us at the Sister Act Card Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful card! Your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! It is darling, beautifully designed & colored! Thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Jo Ann...love all those bright colours.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card - that little girl is so sweet.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooooh I absolutely love this! what a gorgeous make, your colouring is stunning, saw you over on mim. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! I love the dimensional scene on this card! Cute image. Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovin this beach card. This llittle bespeckled girl is a cutie for sure. Saw it on MIM. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creation. Thanks fr joining us at My Time To Craft.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card fab scene behind your cute image. Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card, love your image! Thanks or joining us at C4E this week
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it! I saw you on Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really brilliant. Love the card design, colours and gems.Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede and good luck. Hope to seeyou back friday for a new challenge. Bettina QKR Stampede
    DT Member at QKR Stampede!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card, wonderful colouring skills you have and a great image. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our use a sentiment challenge. Hope we see you again for our next challenge Karen P Paper Crafting Journey Design Team http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card! Truly love the image and your layout! Thank you for joining QKR's Challenge this week.
    Ruza, QKR DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, this is awesome. All the details and lots of layers..... wow, absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...